2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

161 - 180 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sadly until the 2.0 Community decides to get into the discussion with facts the thread pretty much has run it course.

The best advise I can give:

Just say No to the 2.0:

See what the 6 cyl can do that the little one cannot read what the little one needs that the 6 gets along without and I am confident that most all will come to the conclusion that the 3.2 is definitely the one for you.

Turbo's? - we ain't got no turbo's! We don't need no turbo's! I don't have to show you any stinkin turbo's.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
How one rates what is the better engine is totally subjective, what is important for one buyer may not be for another. Soooo, there is no correct answer in this case....
Amen brother!!! A huge determining factor for me was, I was researching, and prowling around this very forum long before I made up my mind to buy my Trailhawk, or any Jeep product at that matter. Guess what??? There was the same posts about the potential Pentastar problems way back then, as there is now, only way more. Ya, I went against my normal judgment, and took the chance on a first year, brand new engine, but guess what, I've sure not regretted that decision, as of yet. Still waiting for even a small defect, or problem to surface with the 2.0T, and have yet to see it. NOT ONE!!! So ya, I'm beating the drum, and will continue. Plenty of power, perfect drivability that works flawlessly with the 9 speed, perfect gearing, decent fuel economy, enough towing capability...Do I really need to continue??? Bottom line, it's a great little engine, and it works, and it hasn't broken down!!!🥁🥁🥁😎

Reactions: AtlCade69

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Sadly until the 2.0 Community decides to get into the discussion with facts the thread pretty much has run it course.

Just say No to the 2.0:

See what the 6 cyl can do that the little one cannot read what the little one needs that the 6 gets along without and I am confident that most all will come to the conclusion that the 3.2 is definitely the one for you.

Turbo's? - we ain't got no turbo's! We don't need no turbo's! I don't have to show you any stinkin turbo's.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Ford Coyote V8's RULE THE WORLD!!! BTW, naturally aspirated. Does that make you feel better???🤪🤣

·
Registered
847 Posts
Just say No to the 2.0:
Jeep calls the 2.0 the premium engine option.

Its funny how you dont own a 2.0 but keep crapping on it. I owned both and prefer the 2.0T

I would also not like to be bundled into a "2.0 engine bucket" I'd prefer to be in the "likes his jeep" section of the forum membership.

As opposed to members who tell noobs to not buy a jeep, buy a toyota, you dont need a jeep etc.

·
Registered
90 Posts
so you see boys there really is an analogy, the 3.2 is always ready to perform at full capacity the 2.no needs just a bit of time and just a little help to get the job done.

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
615 Posts
As long as all of the 3.2's plastic prostheses stay intact, you should be able to perform...

Reactions: Flybynightcru

·
Registered
517 Posts
How many miles on the 2.0T, and has it not been trouble free???😎
How many miles on the 2.0T, and has it not been trouble free???😎
I have about 26k on it, and absolutely no issue with the engine. I took it in for an oil change today. It‘s been about 9 months, and around 5K miles. I usually don’t go that long. Oil life shows 35% left, and the level is exactly middle of the marks. It hasn’t burned any. That was my main concern before purchasing based on reports of the 2.4L. I asked several users before I bought, and nobody was having any issues.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I have about 26k on it, and absolutely no issue with the engine. I took it in for an oil change today. It‘s been about 9 months, and around 5K miles. I usually don’t go that long. Oil life shows 35% left, and the level is exactly middle of the marks. It hasn’t burned any. That was my main concern before purchasing based on reports of the 2.4L. I asked several users before I bought, and nobody was having any issues.
That's what we like to hear!!! Our 2.0T is a completely different animal than the 2.4 Penty, thank goodness!!! Still beating the drum!!! LOL...😎🥁🥁🥁

·
Registered
90 Posts
That's what we like to hear!!! Our 2.0T is a completely different animal than the 2.4 Penty, thank goodness!!! Still beating the drum!!! LOL...😎🥁🥁🥁
Just as the 3.2 is a completely different 'animal' than the 2.0.

The 2.0 is a brand new design while the 3.2 has a track record of many years
The 2.0 costs far more to use and maintain than the 3.2, unless of course the owner does not wish to have available maximum performance all the time-then the little engine that blows will cost just a bit more to maintain but more to acquire.
The 2.0 tries, with all the drama that the little turbine can rev up to, to be able to match the 3.2 in towing capacity/tongue weight/trailer size and yes, off road use but falls short in each and every attempt. Its gets close but the blower just cannot blow enough-not enough Rev-atio....

These are the facts, as listed in the owners manual, provided by the great engineers at Jeep-but the 2.0 community is resistant to having an intelligent exchange regarding the differences between the engines.

The only compelling reason to get the 2.n0T is to experience that brief moment of ever so slightly faster acceleration and power which regrettably arrives at a point in the power band to be essentially worthless-but hey, it probably will still feel good-you know; spinning tires, dust and such.

Rev on boys.

161 - 180 of 185 Posts