2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Yeah there is a limiter in the new ones........Let me know when you can do 140mph....because that's what my 3.2 did with the speed limiter removed......

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yeah there is a limiter in the new ones........Let me know when you can do 140mph....because that's what my 3.2 did with the speed limiter removed......
I wasn't saying we didn't have a speed limiter..just saying the newer ones are higher than 112 (at least for the V6). Since the Firestone Destination A/T only speed rated to 118 I not gonna push it more..but at 120 its still a smooth ride..surprisingly.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I wasn't saying we didn't have a speed limiter..just saying the newer ones are higher than 112 (at least for the V6). Since the Firestone Destination A/T only speed rated to 118 I not gonna push it more..but at 120 its still a smooth ride..surprisingly.
Actually, the Firestone Destinations A/T is a P rated tire, good to 93mph.

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Actually, the Firestone Destinations A/T is a P rated tire, good to 93mph.
"P" stands for passenger. It's a "T" rated tire which means 118mph.

T means a tire can travel 118 mph (190 km/h) for extended periods.

It's a Jeep, if I wanted to go fast I wouldn't have bought another Jeep. LOL

·
Registered
9,092 Posts
No tail wind, it's called mods the help the top end of a Pentastar and the speed limiter being removed.......
My '91 AWD Eagle Talon with a 2.0T did 145mph, but only 195 HP. Wayy better aerodynamics though and over 1000 lbs lighter. That Mitsu powerplant was a different animal though, no low end torque high revver. Kinda hard for me to picture a KL going almost that fast... I guess roughly 300 HP could do that.

·
Premium Member
2,787 Posts
My '91 AWD Eagle Talon with a 2.0T did 145mph, but only 195 HP. Wayy better aerodynamics though and over 1000 lbs lighter. That Mitsu powerplant was a different animal though, no low end torque high revver. Kinda hard for me to picture a KL going almost that fast... I guess roughly 300 HP could do that.
You are actually pretty close.....approx 320hp was what I had, and the pentastar LOVES high RPMS especially with supporting mods

·
Registered
343 Posts
Yep this is the internet and I think most of us aren’t gonna buy that story.
Can you open another section on your sight called Believe It Or Not

2019 Trailhawk Elite
Build date May 2019

·
Registered
9,092 Posts
Fact is, I could get away with going 145mph back in the day, but today I would lose my license for a long time, pay something like a $10K fine and have my vehicle impounded. No racetrack around here to do it legally, no Autobahn. So yeah, no thanks ;)

·
Premium Member
2,787 Posts
Yep this is the internet and I think most of us aren’t gonna buy that story.
Can you open another section on your sight called Believe It Or Not

2019 Trailhawk Elite
Build date May 2019
I don't see it being hard to believe, I was the first one to put an unlocked PCM in a 3.2 cherokee and get it tuned.....also the quickest 3.2 TH in the 1/4 mile.....so yeah I usually tend to talk out of my ass and lie all the time.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts