2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m going from my stock 225/60/18s on my limited to a tougher looking tire. 245/55/18s are identical but slightly wider.
Any suggestions for a cheaper but tough looking tire that isn’t super loud and still is fine for lots of highway driving?

i can get falken AT trails in the stock size also I’ve heard those were decent but I need suggestions because there are just too many tires and I don’t want to overthink this.Just looking for minimal compromise and tough looks.

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
7,038 Posts
I’m going from my stock 225/60/18s on my limited to a tougher looking tire. 245/55/18s are identical but slightly wider.
Any suggestions for a cheaper but tough looking tire that isn’t super loud and still is fine for lots of highway driving?

i can get falken AT trails in the stock size also I’ve heard those were decent but I need suggestions because there are just too many tires and I don’t want to overthink this.Just looking for minimal compromise and tough looks.
This is one of the best street oriented A/T there is. Excellent on the highway, and really good on the trail as well. Best thing out there without going to a full on all terrain. Also, severe snow rated. I've run two sets of these on my old Xterra, and they are excellent. I would run them now on my Trailhawk, but I wanted something a little more aggressive, so I run Toyo Open Country A/T III's, also an excellent tire...😎
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=Geolandar+A/T+G015

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
You'll get a lot more (and better) choices if you bump it to a 245/60R18
Overall sizing only bumps the height by 1", shouldn't cause any issues other than a slight bump on the speedo.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You'll get a lot more (and better) choices if you bump it to a 245/60R18
Overall sizing only bumps the height by 1", shouldn't cause any issues other than a slight bump on the speedo.
Okay I’ll check those out as well. What are my best bets for tough looks but minimal sacrifice on the road for 245/60s?

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
7,038 Posts
Okay I’ll check those out as well. What are my best bets for tough looks but minimal sacrifice on the road for 245/60s?
Probably the Yokohamas, but check out the Toyo‘s and the Falken A/T 3s as well. You might like more aggressive...😉😎

·
Registered
1 Posts

Goodyear Assurance Weather Ready

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
The Nitto Nomad Grappler has a fairly aggressive look for that size.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

Or the new Firestone Destination AT2
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Toyo Open Country ATIII looks pretty aggressive as well.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

Reactions: Flybynightcru

·
Registered
2021 Trailhawk 3.2L
326 Posts
This is one of the best street oriented A/T there is. Excellent on the highway, and really good on the trail as well. Best thing out there without going to a full on all terrain. Also, severe snow rated. I've run two sets of these on my old Xterra, and they are excellent. I would run them now on my Trailhawk, but I wanted something a little more aggressive, so I run Toyo Open Country A/T III's, also an excellent tire...😎
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=Geolandar+A/T+G015
I looked at those too for the Latitude but went with the Falkens.

·
Registered
496 Posts

Most mall crawlers use toyo tires! Quite, cheap, look aggressive. Stay away from Goodyear Duratracts and Cooper too pricey and are for more off road use.good luck let us know what you buy?!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts