2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was recently informed that the standard Armor All that I have been using on other vehicles helps to dry out the leather faster. So, does anyone have any favorite leather cleaning/protecting products?

·
Registered
985 Posts
Yes, keep the Armor All far far away from the leather, contains silicone.

I've used Lexol for years, cleaner and conditioner. Not expensive and available in most parts stores.

As long as you use a good cleaner and conditioner once or twice a year it's worth it.

There is more expensive, and Beemer and MB owners all have their choices/preferences. Trust me, if your board go read one of their forums, they can argue this stuff for days on end.

·
Premium Member
3,968 Posts
I asked the same question several weeks ago. Members voted Lexol, and I purchased Lexol. For leather conditioners, there's tons out there so pick your poison. My favorite is smartwax because they smell great.

·
Registered
40 Posts

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
I've used Lexol for years, cleaner and conditioner. Not expensive and available in most parts stores.

As long as you use a good cleaner and conditioner once or twice a year it's worth it.
This^

·
Registered
391 Posts
Coconut Oil! But the temperature has to be above 50 to make it actually absorb. :)

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Coconut Oil! But the temperature has to be above 50 to make it actually absorb. :)
Would not recommend that. While it has a pretty long shelf life relatively speaking, it still will spoil/go rancid...

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
usually its the sides/non-seating areas
i dont think it will hurt it (ive used it in the past all over on my leather/vinyl seats with no adverse affects)...lexol does make vinylex too for vinyl

No, I would not use it on the dash

·
Registered
391 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Lanolin is the key ingredient (but not for the plastic surfaces). I go for any Maguiar product. Let it get good and hot in the sun and massage it in... wipe off the excess in a few moments, buff after it is dry. I do the interior separately from the exterior (which should be done in shade) and with sheet metal cool.

Some controversy on shiny protectants on the dash turning them into reflections- use some caution here.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
It's an all natural oil with many great benefits. It absorbs into the leather not sit on top of the leather. Spoiling/ go rancid is practically a non issue.

http://ketage.hubpages.com/hub/How-To-Use-Virgin-Coconut-Oil
Its great stuff no doubt. Eventually it will spoil though...its a vegetable oil. I cook with it quite a bit and have seen it go bad plenty of times. Whether it is absorbed into the leather or not wont affect that, imo. Especially if your car sits outside in the summers, heat+oxygen is terrible for it outside of cooking.
If you like it carry on...there are better choices that condition with out fear of rancidity.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Lexol. Get the cleaner and the conditioner. Clean first, then condition.

Reactions: roope01

·
Registered
60 Posts
All my rides get Zaino products inside and out. For leather I use the Z-10 leather in a bottle product. All of my vehicles (cars and motos) look like they're close to showroom condition when I sell them. The stuff seriously works all over -- from scorching Dallas summers to cold Sierra winters.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Will these products like Lexol and Zaino take care of light scratches in the leather as well or is there something specific you all use?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Will these products like Lexol and Zaino take care of light scratches in the leather as well or is there something specific you all use?

Any product that moisturizes the leather will help to hide scratches. The key word there is "hide". Scratched leather is scratched leather. I don't think you can remove the scratches, just mask them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
like mentioned already stay far away from Armor All!

I use Adams Polishes, but zaino and 303 are excellent products. Your best bet for quality and longevity if you can buy it at Target or Walmart , etc... its not going to last. Just my theory

1 - 20 of 26 Posts