2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

Registered
If you are still keeping track, my 2019 TH, lost battery today, taking it to the dealer tomorrow. 32 months 30k miles...SoCal so we have some hot days.

Registered
If you are still keeping track, my 2019 TH, lost battery today, taking it to the dealer tomorrow. 32 months 30k miles...SoCal so we have some hot days.
That's actually very good. I got 14 months out of my original battery...馃槑

Reactions: UN4GTBL

Registered
32 months on a 2019 ? So you purchased it somewhere around May 2018 ?

Premium Member
We lost both batteries on our KL's with in the warranty. The 2018 Lat+ went
first with out warning. Funny thing is the 2019 was just fine, except no S/S
which I was happy with! Otherwise no other issues, it seemed just fine.
They replaced it anyway.

Registered
We lost both batteries on our KL's with in the warranty. The 2018 Lat+ went
first with out warning. Funny thing is the 2019 was just fine, except no S/S
which I was happy with! Otherwise no other issues, it seemed just fine.
They replaced it anyway.
I'm at 34 months on my 2019 here, and I'm on my 3rd battery, and that battery isn't long for this world either.
New members, meet the battery assassins of the forum. ;)

Registered
I am taking my vehicle into the dealer in the next week since my start/stop hasn't worked for like the past 6 months. But everything seems fine battery-wise. My 2019 battery is now at just about 38 months from build date. And before I bought the vehicle I'm pretty sure it sat parked for at least a year. And I run a dashcam that has been constantly draining my battery for over a year.

As for the start/stop, I did do a full charge of the battery a few weeks back and then it came back for a day. Then my vehicle sat for about 3 days with the dashcam running and now it isn't working again so my guess would be battery needs replacing, probably not able to get up to voltage and stay up.

Reactions: UN4GTBL

Registered
I am taking my vehicle into the dealer in the next week since my start/stop hasn't worked for like the past 6 months. But everything seems fine battery-wise. My 2019 battery is now at just about 38 months from build date. And before I bought the vehicle I'm pretty sure it sat parked for at least a year. And I run a dashcam that has been constantly draining my battery for over a year.

As for the start/stop, I did do a full charge of the battery a few weeks back and then it came back for a day. Then my vehicle sat for about 3 days with the dashcam running and now it isn't working again so my guess would be battery needs replacing, probably not able to get up to voltage and stay up.
So are you still covered under 3/36 ? If you bought it new after it sat for almost a year, then yeah you're covered. It was built in late 2017 ?

Registered
So are you still covered under 3/36 ? If you bought it new after it sat for almost a year, then yeah you're covered. It was built in late 2017 ?
Yes my Jeep was built Nov. 2017. My warranty ends Jan 31. I technically bought used. I will be one of the first 2019 off warranty.

Reactions: Mark_

Registered

That sounds like your battery is done.

That's how mine is again, I can recharge it, and ESS works for a few days, and then the battery won't hold a charge long term.

Having said that, even after sitting for a couple of weeks, it always starts right up.

FCA Customer Support Group
Has this concern been resolved, b1gfella? If not, send us a PM, we would be happy to discuss further.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Registered
2018 Cherokee V6 Altitude AD1
Mine quite at 3 years exactly to the month.....after replacement, things are back to normal and going well....
Mine did the same thing! 3 years exactly to the month! I bought my 2018 KL brand new with 15mi on to odometer. Just died on me last month @49,500. Luckily AAA does battery tests, and replacement wherever your battery dies. 6year warranty doesn't sound bad either. Worth the membership for that one occurrence!

Correction: 3 year warranty + 3year prorate

Registered
So I just took my vehicle into the dealer and they tested my battery and said it was discharged (which makes sense since I have a dashcam always running). They then charged it up and said the stop/start was fine and all their battery tests passed. After picking up my vehicle the stop/start still didn't work after driving around for 30 minutes so I'm not really sure what they were looking at, lol. And on the EVIC it still said "battery charging".

Registered
So I just took my vehicle into the dealer and they tested my battery and said it was discharged (which makes sense since I have a dashcam always running). They then charged it up and said the stop/start was fine and all their battery tests passed. After picking up my vehicle the stop/start still didn't work after driving around for 30 minutes so I'm not really sure what they were looking at, lol. And on the EVIC it still said "battery charging".
We'd need more data to confirm, but I think those GR8 battery diagnostic/chargers they use at FCA dealerships are... perhaps not tuned to real Cherokee battery health parameters ; what I'm saying is they can be Ok for other vehicles, but perhaps they are on the optimistic side for KL batteries. Some think they are the greatest machine ever built, so not easy for customers to question the results.. :-/

Registered
Unplug your dashcam before taking it in next time.

Registered
41 - 57 of 57 Posts