2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past weekend I noticed the audio not working in my 2015 Jeep Cherokee when I plug in my phone via USB. Charging still works, and the audio works over the Bluetooth connection.

Any recommendations??

Thanks.

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
If a new cable doesn't do it, you may just need to tweak a phone setting to allow music over USB.

iPhone or Android ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If a new cable doesn't do it, you may just need to tweak a phone setting to allow music over USB.

iPhone or Android ?
I have an iPhone. Has worked perfectly until this past weekend. Plug in the iPhone and my Apple Music begins to play. Still plays once I plug the phone in, however no audio.

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
I have an iPhone. Has worked perfectly until this past weekend. Plug in the iPhone and my Apple Music begins to play. Still plays once I plug the phone in, however no audio.
Ok... probably the cable then.

·
Registered
60 Posts
And make it a good cable that is made for data transfer. I will edit this with the one I got as I had the same problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: wcjone3

·
Registered
567 Posts
I had the same problem. I had a bad cable and it messed something up. All good cables after that didn't work. Then it magically after a few minutes started working again.

Reactions: Mark_

·
Registered
60 Posts
And make it a good cable that is made for data transfer. I will edit this with the one I got as I had the same problem.

Glad you got it fixed. This is still in its infancy which is frustrating. Here is the cable I bought and it has worked great.

Anker Powerline+ II USB-C to USB-A 2.0 Cable (3ft), for Samsung Galaxy S9/ S8/Note 8, iPad Pro 2018, LG V20/G5/G6, and More(Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G114FZ7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_jkIaFbTYDGGPR

Reactions: Mark_
1 - 10 of 10 Posts