2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you run the power wire in a 2015 Jeep Limited 3.2? Is it all the same for the Cherokees 2014-?

I am trying to figure out the best way, and how to run it. I don't want to mess up.

Does anyone have pictures of where you ran your power wire?

· Registered
2015 Cherokee Trailhawk
1,204 Posts
I ran the positive wire through the opening in the engine compartment firewall - fused in line - and connected to battery positive, while connecting the negative lead inside the head unit cavity. I imagine this would be the same in any Cherokee.

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ran the positive wire through the opening in the engine compartment firewall - fused in line - and connected to battery positive, while connecting the negative lead inside the head unit cavity. I imagine this would be the same in any Cherokee.
Where was the opening in the engine compartment? Can I get some pictures please?

· Registered
2015 Cherokee Trailhawk
1,204 Posts
It's down behind the brake pedal, you can find it with a flashlight. Be careful if you pop it out and not drop it somewhere and lose it - they are not easy to replace.

I did not photograph the process, sorry. You'll be able to locate it, no problem.

· Registered
2014 TH 3.2, 2" lift, 1" spacers, Steelies
85 Posts
Question for everyone....

• Are you running your direct-to-battery aftermarket audio amplifier wires through grommet #1 or #2 in the photo below? I used #1 for the two wires I ran last year but it's real difficult because it's where the wiring harness passes through and as you can see in the photo, I had to stay to the far bottom-right to keep well away (nick any of those wires in the harness and it's a world of hurt).
  • If anyone has gone through #2, does the wire actually come out into the engine compartment or underneath it? (the angle appears downward when looking at it from the drivers floorpan)
  • Is there any other place other than the two below that anyone else has found that work?

Recommendations?
Light Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Automotive exterior

· Registered
2015 Cherokee Trailhawk
1,204 Posts
I used opening number one. And you're right - be careful there.

I also used it for the wiring for my front bumper mounted light bar to the battery and relays (high and low beam).

· Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
2,550 Posts
My Kicker Key tucked nicely up behind the glovebox, and I used the access labelled 2 to run the wiring to the Battery. Someone recently posted that they sliced some of the factory wiring trying to push through #1, so yes be careful there! :cool:

Reactions: Leems

· Registered
2015 Cherokee Trailhawk
1,204 Posts
Since it was a compact amplifier, I secured it behind and to the right of the head unit inside the dash. I tried to make sure they are not too close so as to share their heat generation. I can still easily get to it if needed by popping the head unit out.

· Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
2,550 Posts
Since it was a compact amplifier, I secured it behind and to the right of the head unit inside the dash. I tried to make sure they are not too close so as to share their heat generation. I can still easily get to it if needed by popping the head unit out.
I think we're talking about the same spot... :D:cool:

· Registered
2015 Cherokee Trailhawk
1,204 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts