2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I’m hoping someone may be able to help. I’ve already trawled through some posts and tried a few things with no success unfortunately.
A couple of days ago my media via Bluetooth and USB suddenly stopped working. Interestingly, I can still use phone for calls.
I have reset my phone network settings, un-paired, re-paired, soft reset and factory reset the UConnect system. I have an Apple phone and I have not made any changes or updated the iOS system. Any suggestions warmly welcome :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Not sure what year your vehicle is but I had the same problem though mine is android. I ended up having to plug it into the front usb port (up from the shifter). After my phone was plugged into the port it finally "synced" and I was able to receive text messages and play my music from my phone using bluetooth. I can only assume your unit may have had an update that reset some settings such as phone, bluetooth, etc. Since I don't use Apple I can't really help troubleshoot any further.
Hopefully others will pipe in with some better suggestions. Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure what year your vehicle is but I had the same problem though mine is android. I ended up having to plug it into the front usb port (up from the shifter). After my phone was plugged into the port it finally "synced" and I was able to receive text messages and play my music from my phone using bluetooth. I can only assume your unit may have had an update that reset some settings such as phone, bluetooth, etc. Since I don't use Apple I can't really help troubleshoot any further.
Hopefully others will pipe in with some better suggestions. Welcome to the forums!
Hi Dave,
Thanks for your reply, I should’ve mentioned I’ve got a 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
I’ve tried plugging into both USB but not working. I’ve looked for Uconnect updates, but none available. I’m thinking there might be some really easy fix, but for the life of me, can’t work it out! ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had that happen only to learn that the volume was muted on my device (android phone) when connected to media device, USB or bluetooth.

·
FCA Customer Support Group
1,450 Posts
Hi,

I’m hoping someone may be able to help. I’ve already trawled through some posts and tried a few things with no success unfortunately.
A couple of days ago my media via Bluetooth and USB suddenly stopped working. Interestingly, I can still use phone for calls.
I have reset my phone network settings, un-paired, re-paired, soft reset and factory reset the UConnect system. I have an Apple phone and I have not made any changes or updated the iOS system. Any suggestions warmly welcome :)

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
JeepCares

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I have almost the same issue with my Cherokee 2014.
When I come in the morning, music starts playing automatically via bluetooth, which is good for me. However when my battery goes low and I plug the phone (android btw) to the front usp port, the music just stop. I can see on the screen that uconnect has switched from bluetooth to UBS mode, asking me on the phone if I want to allow or deny access to my data. No matter what I choose, it won't play. Even when I go and select back bluetooth mode on the car, it doesn't play music in my phone, even when I unplug the usb cable. I can still make calls via bluetooth an listen to the radio. The only time bluetooth will come back is the next morning. This situation is annoying, especially that I got the car a week ago. Hope to fine a solution soon.
Any ideas, let me know...
Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Alison,yes I would appreciate some help as it’s still not working.
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
JeepCares

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes it is annoying ... I feel your pain!
Hi,
When I come in the morning, music starts playing automatically via bluetooth, which is good for me. However when my battery goes low and I plug the phone (android btw) to the front usp port, the music just stop. I can see on the screen that uconnect has switched from bluetooth to UBS mode, asking me on the phone if I want to allow or deny access to my data. No matter what I choose, it won't play. Even when I go and select back bluetooth mode on the car, it doesn't play music in my phone, even when I unplug the usb cable. I can still make calls via bluetooth an listen to the radio. The only time bluetooth will come back is the next morning. This situation is annoying, especially that I got the car a week ago. Hope to fine a solution soon.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Hi,
Thanks.
That's because the front USB is just what it's telling you, a USB audio input. The charging USB is the one inside the console...Boom, problem solved...😎

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Alison,yes I would appreciate some help as it’s still not working.
I would be really interested to hear if there was a solution for this. Recently purchased a 2015 grand cherokee and have the same issue. Phone connects via BT for calls etc but will not play audio at all. Really frustrating!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would be really interested to hear if there was a solution for this. Recently purchased a 2015 grand cherokee and have the same issue. Phone connects via BT for calls etc but will not play audio at all. Really frustrating!
Hi, I feel your pain ... I’m still waiting for a reply.

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
648 Posts
I think that is a setting on your phone's Bluetooth configuration, not on the car.
While connected to Bluetooth in the Jeep - On Android phone go to Settings/Connections /Bluetooth/Uconnect/Audio - slide to ON

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m having the same issue and I recently purchased a 2016 at the end of December and it’s been happening since then. But now it completely stopped working.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey Guys,
I just got my 3.2 TH and phones work ok on BT but no music. I just fixed it today by resetting the personal data and restore factory settings tabs on the Uconnect display. Once I paired my phones again all works fine. Hope this helps you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts