2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a wireless android auto adapter, and this is by far the best place for it, but the issue is it ALWAYS has power. I really want that USB port to be key-switched instead. Not sure if this is possible with Alfaobd or any other methods?

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
1,154 Posts
I got a wireless android auto adapter, and this is by far the best place for it, but the issue is it ALWAYS has power. I really want that USB port to be key-switched instead. Not sure if this is possible with Alfaobd or any other methods?
Not with software. Easiest would be to either swap with the front one (would need to extend wires most likely), or just add a relay and route the trigger wire to the front one.

·
Registered
2020 Trailhawk 2.0T Diamond Black
380 Posts
I don't think so. I asked this previously about the 12v

Turns out running my dash cam off the center console was messing up my car (brand new). the battery was losing enough charge overnight that things like the unlocking when you grab the handle with keys in your pocket wouldn't work.

As soon as I moved my dash cam to the front 12v plug, which is switched with the car, have had 0 issues.

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
1,154 Posts
I just realized you said usb and not 12v. The usb isn't constant on. They turn off when the car finally goes to sleep (30 min after no activity). When you go to open the door it will wake back up automatically.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts