2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Premium Member
2019 Jeep Cherokee 2.0T Limited 4x4 Techp, 2021 Grand Cherokee L limited, 2020 Compass 4x4 latitude
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just about to head out yesterday and a new update flew into the Jeep without being to a dealership in a long time. Didn’t know Jeep or stellantis had remote access to our Jeeps to plug in updates to software?
Gadget Communication Device Display device Flat panel display Multimedia

Automotive design Vehicle Personal luxury car Gadget Display device

Plant Automotive design Vehicle Audio equipment Motor vehicle

· Registered
4,567 Posts
My 2014 V6 TH got an over the air update a long time ago. No updates recently.
I didn't think we could get over the air updates now that 3G is gone.
Did 2019 Cherokees get 4G?
Go to driveuconnect.com and see if the latest version of Uconnect matches what your radio says it currently is.
Not sure if FCA/Jeep can have access to our Jeeps, pretty sure they can't on my 2014. I don't have navigation.
If you have navigation maybe you can get updates via GPS satellites.
I don't actually know, just guessing.

· Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
8,739 Posts
Was just about to head out yesterday and a new update flew into the Jeep without being to a dealership in a long time. Didn’t know Jeep or stellantis had remote access to our Jeeps to plug in updates to software? View attachment 222161
View attachment 222162
View attachment 222160
It appears that 2019+ are getting them right now. Another Canadian member mentioned getting his the other day, and said he actually got two, also a 2019, as he is actually down here in Arizona for the winter. My 2019 did one Wednesday afternoon as well...😎

· Registered
552 Posts
Any information as to the improvements? I checked my VIN on driveuconnect.com today, and it says no update is available.

· Premium Member
2019 Jeep Cherokee 2.0T Limited 4x4 Techp, 2021 Grand Cherokee L limited, 2020 Compass 4x4 latitude
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My 2014 V6 TH got an over the air update a long time ago. No updates recently.
I didn't think we could get over the air updates now that 3G is gone.
Did 2019 Cherokees get 4G?
Go to driveuconnect.com and see if the latest version of Uconnect matches what your radio says it currently is.
Not sure if FCA/Jeep can have access to our Jeeps, pretty sure they can't on my 2014. I don't have navigation.
If you have navigation maybe you can get updates via GPS satellites.
I don't actually know, just guessing.
Good info, it has tech package with weather updates which helped me escape this snow blizzard last week as I had no cell in the mountains. Maybe your right gps downloads?

· Registered
2022 Trailhawk Elite 3.2L
1,098 Posts
Nothing yet on my 2022.

· Registered
86 Posts
Got one Friday the 20th on my 2019 THE. Started it when I went into the gym, it was done when I came out. So far, I can't tell the difference. :cool:

· Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Any information as to the improvements? I checked my VIN on driveuconnect.com today, and it says no update is available.
all trails and new roads are updated, some 3 D graphics for buildings and mountains 🏔. Also glitches or freeze and crash prevention on screen. I have the tech package so more range for satellites if far out or. Needing SOS range up to 100+ miles. Weather reports and warnings provide much more real time fronts, tornadoes, quakes and flooding with fuel detail on detours in case action emergency or fire occurs.. gives all safe evacuation points. All from satellites anywhere in the world.

· Registered
336 Posts
My car never get the over the air updates, well actually I think in the 4 years I have owned it I have gotten one over the air update. I have a 2015 Cherokee Trailhawk which has the 3G so I doubt I will ever get another one. I just went to the Uconnect website today and it said I had an update and it was release date 10-9-2019 and the software version was Uconnect_VP4,18.45.01-My13-17. So I’ll see if I can install that but I’m pretty sure that is the one I have installed now. Really upset that they just threw us out the window when the 3g stopped. Especially since I bought mine used and only had it like 2 or 3 years when they did that. They really need to offer us a free upgrade seeing how the 2022’s have 4G so it’s not like they can’t do it.

· Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My car never get the over the air updates, well actually I think in the 4 years I have owned it I have gotten one over the air update. I have a 2015 Cherokee Trailhawk which has the 3G so I doubt I will ever get another one. I just went to the Uconnect website today and it said I had an update and it was release date 10-9-2019 and the software version was Uconnect_VP4,18.45.01-My13-17. So I’ll see if I can install that but I’m pretty sure that is the one I have installed now. Really upset that they just threw us out the window when the 3g stopped. Especially since I bought mine used and only had it like 2 or 3 years when they did that. They really need to offer us a free upgrade seeing how the 2022’s have 4G so it’s not like they can’t do it.
Mines a 2019, not sure I’ve got 4G either, still came in though.

· Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here’s mine for 2019 TH Elite Nav.
View attachment 222237
Vehicle has on board cellular so has capability to communicate on its own.

2019 Trailhawk Elite
Build date May 2019
I thought I was a bit advanced with the tech package, this is more advanced, love it !!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts