2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #81
Hahaha... I ordered mine without a backup camera... I'm the guy who thought backup cameras were for people who can't parallel park in one shot (I can - most of the time heh). I regretted it after driving my wife's car with a camera. But... I can still parallel park without a camera, in pretty tight places, so I'm not missing it anymore. It can be done ;)
Mine doesn't have the fancy Tech Package stuff, obviously, so I'm still Ok with old tech cars... with bluetooth and bun/steering warmers please 馃榿
my ride is so nice it's worth waiting for the new radio. just hope I don't have an accident before then. it's amazing how many individual devices the one uconnect device replaces. I've got a passaenger seat full of wires & devices & I've been researching temp portable wireless backup cameras. nothing good to report there. just had a nice long highway test drive in a 2016 Mazda CX-5. it's a nice machine and the engine/transmission response is better than the KL. but that's it. the KL is worlds better. so long as I'm not distracted with a gps, cell phone, mp3 player, external speaker & all associated wire inputs & power sources. wonder if they can make a uconnect w/ built in CB & NOAA channels. nice thing about the unit I tested tonight, it had factory cross bars & a 2" hitch receiver. plug & play for me for all the racks, trays & baskets I have. but it had some brake flutter on light braking & she wanted to wander left. the ride could have been less harsh. was gonna check tire pressure but then saw it had 19" wheels/tires. but even with diff. wheels, tires, brake & alignment work, it still wouldn't be my current ride. not by a long shot

Registered
Not Elite, but basically has everything the Elite does (minus vented seats, full leather, the moving LED headlights, and premium alpine system?)
There is no factory made Cherokee that has moving LED headlights. That isn't even an option thats ever been presented on any Cherokee build sheet..yet!
But if they offer that option in the future they might as well add the night vision feature as well. Then I would be impressed!

Registered
Discussion Starter #85
this guy caught my eye. looks like fun. not the highway road machine I'm enjoying now. wish I could have 2 cars. & time to go 4wheeling again

Registered
this guy caught my eye. looks like fun. not the highway road machine I'm enjoying now. wish I could have 2 cars. & time to go 4wheeling again
View attachment 212024
I don鈥檛 know I'm feeling pretty good about this Trailhawk haha.

Got her dusty and dirty over the weekend. a couple branch scratches from tight trees. hopefully it will wash out or maybe buff out? not very deep. so hard to have a freaking new car and also deal with my minor OCD and getting dust all over the brand new dashboard lol.

Any recommendations to clean the dash / rest of the car inside?

Here is a video :) nothing crazy I know.

Registered
Discussion Starter #87 (Edited)
close your windows! haha, wow that looks steep & fun! cheapest I think is a bucket of soapy water & a towel. wring it out so it's not soggy. it should pick up most of the dust. after it dries I like the armorall regular wipes, but they also make cleaning wipes. I've used windex wipes in a pinch

Registered
close your windows! haha, wow that looks steep & fun! cheapest I think is a bucket of soapy water & a towel. wring out out so it's not soggy. it should pick up most of the dust. after it dries I like the armorall regular wipes, but they also make cleaning wipes. I've used windex wipes in a pinch
ahhh I know I closed all the windows but then changed my mind cuz it was so damn nice and sunny out and also we haven't had clean air consistently this summer... I was just trying to soak it all in !!

81 - 89 of 89 Posts