2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Do you still have the 2015 Cherokee ? I'm asking because you've just posted about your long term ESS problem.
yes i do and already replied to you. the Palisade replaced my wifes car. at some point we where discussing whether she took my Jeep and i get the new car. being the good husband as i am, i had her drive the Palisade.

thank you.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I found a Trailhawk elite with V6 on the lot near me tomorrow. Has tech and everything I wanted (no sunroof but that’s ok) for 3k cheaper than another Trailhawk (non-elite) but with sunroof, tech, turbo, and more stuff I don’t really need.
Sounds like the Elite I'm looking for (no sunroof). If you don't buy it let me know.

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
You, Sir, would be a great car salesman ;)

Kidding aside. Gotta agree on the quick changes nowadays. EVs are finally getting competitive and available (I include hybrids in this segment too). Too bad hydrogen cells aren't more prevalent, they would offer more range. Who knows...

Keeping up with tech is an expensive game though... :-/
Actually I re-read my post and you're right! I DID sound like a car salesman. Egads!!

I think I'll be looking at electric of some sort for my next vehicle. But I'm wondering if and when the elephant-in the-closet problem of the lack of rare earth elements is going to start to impact the availability of batteries.

Reactions: Mark_

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
2,964,939 cars in Washington State 12,650 are EV. CA is the largest state with EV. (no surprise) 15,065,827 cars in Cali. 153,442 are EV. Not doing so hot in Alaska? I wonder if it has to do with cold temps????

I was just curious on the new EV craze....

·
Registered
9,320 Posts
2,964,939 cars in Washington State 12,650 are EV. CA is the largest state with EV. (no surprise) 15,065,827 cars in Cali. 153,442 are EV. Not doing so hot in Alaska? I wonder if it has to do with cold temps????

I was just curious on the new EV craze....
Cold is kinda major. It's not Alaska cold where I am, but almost, and there are very few full EVs here. Cabin heat + windshield defrosting are essential in a cold climate ; folks who can park the vehicle indoors (at thome) and have access to indoor parking at work... huge bonus, but few have one of both of those luxuries.
Hybrids are a far better option, for colder climates, IMHO. Hydrogen cells might also be a good option, but I don't think we're going in that direction on a massive scale.

Battery production is a major road block, for all EVs.

Reactions: XJ99

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks! I can’t wait. I’ve never owned a new car before.

I found a Trailhawk elite with V6 on the lot near me tomorrow. Has tech and everything I wanted (no sunroof but that’s ok) for 3k cheaper than another Trailhawk (non-elite) but with sunroof, tech, turbo, and more stuff I don’t really need.

I was torn on V6 vs turbo but I figure it’s a wash with the premium fuel. If I can get it with all these rebates they are offering tomorrow I don’t know if I’ll find a better deal on a new car.

well funny how that works. I just signed a deal for a TH 2.0 Turbo instead with sunroof. other dealer called me and dropped their price almost $3k. car is coming straight from the factory, won't even get it until next week. STOKED!!!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Cold is kinda major. It's not Alaska cold where I am, but almost, and there are very few full EVs here. Cabin heat + windshield defrosting are essential in a cold climate ; folks who can park the vehicle indoors (at thome) and have access to indoor parking at work... huge bonus, but few have one of both of those luxuries.
Hybrids are a far better option, for colder climates, IMHO. Hydrogen cells might also be a good option, but I don't think we're going in that direction on a massive scale.

Battery production is a major road block, for all EVs.
yeah there just isn't something like the Cherokee that is EV capable yet unless you are counting the Audi e-tron which is like $75k. So hopefully in 10 years it will be everywhere and it will be an easy decision to upgrade, for now, I am excited for my next decade with the Trailhawk :)

·
Registered
839 Posts
yeah there just isn't something like the Cherokee that is EV capable yet unless you are counting the Audi e-tron which is like $75k. So hopefully in 10 years it will be everywhere and it will be an easy decision to upgrade, for now, I am excited for my next decade with the Trailhawk :)
il_794xN.2174843987_tnur.jpg

·
Registered
839 Posts
well funny how that works. I just signed a deal for a TH 2.0 Turbo instead with sunroof. other dealer called me and dropped their price almost $3k. car is coming straight from the factory, won't even get it until next week. STOKED!!!!!
What all did you get? Elite? All the bells and whistles? Do tell. I think you are going to love the 2.0T, I know that I do, and glad I went with it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
What all did you get? Elite? All the bells and whistles? Do tell. I think you are going to love the 2.0T, I know that I do, and glad I went with it.
Not Elite, but basically has everything the Elite does (minus vented seats, full leather, the moving LED headlights, and premium alpine system?)

So

2020, 2.0 Turbo
All Black
Tech Package
Comfort Connivence
Cold Weather
Trailer Tow
Navigation (meh whatever, gonna use Apple Car Play)
Painted Black Rims
Sunroof

Never had a turbo, everyone is saying you can get by with 87 octane but I think I will baby this car and do 91. I was hesitant but now I am actually excited for it. (old car was a RAV4 v6 limited)

I think that's everything. Just ordered weather tech mats for driver, passenger, and cargo for all the snowboard gear. Will figure out roof rack / ski rack bars soon, probably go with Thule again.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Not Elite, but basically has everything the Elite does (minus vented seats, full leather, the moving LED headlights, and premium alpine system?)

So

2020, 2.0 Turbo
All Black
Tech Package
Comfort Connivence
Cold Weather
Trailer Tow
Navigation (meh whatever, gonna use Apple Car Play)
Painted Black Rims
Sunroof

I think that's everything. Just ordered weather tech mats for driver, passenger, and cargo for all the snowboard gear. Will figure out roof rack / ski rack bars soon, probably go with Thule again.
Nice!!!

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
I’ve never owned a new car before.
good luck! only new car I ever bought was an '86 4Runner. stolen 30 days after I bought it & I had installed an after market soft top. that's a lot of holes to drill! to replace it, I wound up getting an '85 used & drilled all those holes again for another soft top! even did all that a 3rd time w/ the next 4 Runner! fortunately or unfortunately, my 4th 4Runner had a hard-shell full roof ... no soft top ... but I finally got a 6 cylinder ... :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ask someone that owns a Tesla how much the electric bill went up after they installed the 240V home charging station...I'm sticking to "Recycled Dinosaurs"!!! If you do the math correctly, it is not saving you much. Then when the batteries cycle out, that's a whole different story, disposal fee, and replacement. There's quite a few gently used Teslas out there at bargain prices because they lose 35% as soon as you drive them off the lot.
Asked a friend that is very much into electrics. He said averaging out the Jump in price came to about $51/month with a BMW i3 and i8, both daily drivers. The lease ended on both, mid-2019, He now has a model X, his wife drives the smallish Tesla sedan, model escapes me at the moment. says range went waaay up over the BMW's and the electric bill is about the same to maybe a couple of bucks less up until this past spring when they both mostly work from home. both are still daily drivers.

·
Registered
23 Posts
curious what other ppl are considering for their next vehicle. so far, I haven't found anything I like better
Definitely looking, but not sure what to get. Need to be able to flat tow and have some offroad capabilities. Nothing extreme, just cruise some desert trails and beaches. Trust my Trail Hawk like I trust Carol Baskin with a tub of sardine oil...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Definitely looking, but not sure what to get. Need to be able to flat tow and have some offroad capabilities. Nothing extreme, just cruise some desert trails and beaches. Trust my Trail Hawk like I trust Carol Baskin with a tub of sardine oil...
ya the CyberTruck might be the first real option, but it is still a ways off and gonna look stupid, and be stupid expensive.

Same for the Rivian.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Jeep just announced the new Grand Wagoneer concept. It looks good, and will be a hybrid to come out next year. Pricing from $60K - $100+!

·
Registered
839 Posts
There's no current EV available capable of flat towing. Put a call into Elon and tell him to be working on that...LOL!!!
il_794xN.2174843987_tnur.jpg

61 - 80 of 89 Posts