2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
I know that it's early, but for now at least my 7-year experiment with domestic vehicles is over. As always, YMMV. :)
you sound happy. I can't make a similar move, I may be losing my job in the next month or two. our business is tied to schools reopening, but without a resolution to the virus everyone is still at risk. my elderly Mom is at risk & doesn't feel well but she's afraid of getting tested & being taken from her home & my elderly Dad. so silly because if she is sick there are treatments that could help her suffice. without attention, she might die in her sleep at home. how horrible for my Dad

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I'm not looking to replace my Limited anytime soon (unless it ends up being unreliable) since i haven't had it a year yet, but when that time comes Id probably go bigger. like a Grand Cherokee or even full sized like a Tahoe or Sequoia.
my hair cutter just got a used Tahoe. too big for me, but he's very happy

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I have a 2016 Cherokee Latitude 3.2 V6 with 60K on her. I have a five year 100K warranty. Now that I’m working from home I’ll be able to keep her until it’s paid off with the warranty still in place. I’d consider another Cherokee. I haven’t had any issues with her. Plus she is awesome in the snow. Bronco does look good...
yeah I've loved mine. every car has quirks & I've grown to overlook them because I like the drive so much. 2014 4cyl limited. at 140k miles I'm waaay out of warranty but need the car. still owe $4k on it. I did not know Ford still makes a Bronco. the old ones were good. I doubt I can afford one but I'll poke a round & see what I can find

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
Picked up a cpo '19 nissan pathfinder for $23k with 15,000 miles in June.
yeah, I hear ya. my kids are out of college so I don't need the room anymore. I drove 4 runners for 20 years. got my 1st one the year I was married. by time the 1st kid went to college I was in a Subaru Forester. by time the 2nd graduated I was in the Cherokee. I don't need the room but I love the ride quality

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
you sound happy. I can't make a similar move, I may be losing my job in the next month or two. our business is tied to schools reopening, but without a resolution to the virus everyone is still at risk. my elderly Mom is at risk & doesn't feel well but she's afraid of getting tested & being taken from her home & my elderly Dad. so silly because if she is sick there are treatments that could help her survice. without attention, she might die in her sleep at home. how horrible for my Dad
Sorry to hear that. Honestly, it was my lease expiring that forced me into a new vehicle. Had my Jeep been a purchase, I would have held on to it longer, despite my complaints, since, as I said, the vehicle has been reliable from a drivability perspective. But I was also apprehensive extending the lease, which I could have done for a few months, since the basic Jeep warranty had expired.

Yes, a few weeks into the BMW I am happy. But I know that life is more than the first few weeks. And there are negatives, such as my X3 not having all the safety and some of the convenience features that the Cherokee had because most things are options on the BMW and very expensive.

I hope your work and parental situation work out. Although it was pre-Covid, I've been there.

Reactions: Mark_

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
I hope your work and parental situation work out. Although it was pre-Covid, I've been there.
thanks, but sorry I went to a dark place on a Jeep forum where we all want a little escape but not a Ford Escape. I had a 1st model year Escape (2001) that was a fun little ride. put over 200k on it

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
Haha! By the time you can put 200,000 miles on a car today you will be left behind generations of vastly improved computer and safety technology. "Back in the day," cars didn't really change much -- basically only in style, maybe comfort, and the big improvement was AFTER-crash protection such as airbags and crumple zones. Now technology improves every day with crash AVOIDANCE ability, and as a result things like vehicles' blind spot detection and crash mitigation are better today than they were even three years ago. It's almost like holding onto a car now for more than a few years is putting yourself and your family at risk.

Reactions: rumrunner

·
Registered
9,311 Posts
Haha! By the time you can put 200,000 miles on a car today you will be left behind generations of vastly improved computer and safety technology. "Back in the day," cars didn't really change much -- basically only in style, maybe comfort, and the big improvement was AFTER-crash protection such as airbags and crumple zones. Now technology improves every day with crash AVOIDANCE ability, and as a result things like vehicles' blind spot detection and crash mitigation are better today than they were even three years ago. It's almost like holding onto a car now for more than a few years is putting yourself and your family at risk.
You, Sir, would be a great car salesman ;)

Kidding aside. Gotta agree on the quick changes nowadays. EVs are finally getting competitive and available (I include hybrids in this segment too). Too bad hydrogen cells aren't more prevalent, they would offer more range. Who knows...

Keeping up with tech is an expensive game though... :-/

·
Registered
25 Posts
You, Sir, would be a great car salesman ;)

Kidding aside. Gotta agree on the quick changes nowadays. EVs are finally getting competitive and available (I include hybrids in this segment too). Too bad hydrogen cells aren't more prevalent, they would offer more range. Who knows...

ha ha. I don't own a Cherokee yet, coming from 2009 RAV4 and I think I am pulling the trigger tomorrow on a Trailhawk.

As much as I wanted an EV, nothing exists that would get me good snow and 4WD capability for long Colorado winters. Trail rated is a plus. Hopefully in the next 5-10 years I can go all in on an electric version of the car I am about to buy. We will see. Never owned a jeep. Mighty stoked!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Looking at jumping up to a Grand. Added a son since getting the TH and could use a little extra room

·
Registered
832 Posts
ha ha. I don't own a Cherokee yet, coming from 2009 RAV4 and I think I am pulling the trigger tomorrow on a Trailhawk.

As much as I wanted an EV, nothing exists that would get me good snow and 4WD capability for long Colorado winters. Trail rated is a plus. Hopefully in the next 5-10 years I can go all in on an electric version of the car I am about to buy. We will see. Never owned a jeep. Mighty stoked!!
First and foremost, welcome to the forum. Love my Trailhawk. It's great in our Utah winters. What are you thinking, 3.2 V6 or 2.0T? Standard Trailhawk or Elite? There are many options.

Reactions: skwormin

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I almost miss the old days. been thinking about an older vehicle but getting an upgraded after market head unit. but I really grew to love the KL's OEM unit. if can I can squeek out another 60k on top of the current 140k, I'd be verry happy. right now I'm driving w/ no backup camera, cuz my radio went dead. been trying to park places where I don't have to backup at all. reminds me when I lost reverse for a few months in an '83 Mercury Capris. hatchback, black, red interior, T-tops. that would have been a fun 4x4 comversion

·
Registered
9,311 Posts
I almost miss the old days. been thinking about an older vehicle but getting an upgraded after market head unit. but I really grew to love the KL's OEM unit. if can I can squeek out another 60k on top of the current 140k, I'd be verry happy. right now I'm driving w/ no backup camera, cuz my radio went dead. been trying to park places where I don't have to backup at all. reminds me when I lost reverse for a few months in an '83 Mercury Capris. hatchback, black, red interior, T-tops. that would have been a fun 4x4 comversion
Hahaha... I ordered mine without a backup camera... I'm the guy who thought backup cameras were for people who can't parallel park in one shot (I can - most of the time heh). I regretted it after driving my wife's car with a camera. But... I can still parallel park without a camera, in pretty tight places, so I'm not missing it anymore. It can be done ;)
Mine doesn't have the fancy Tech Package stuff, obviously, so I'm still Ok with old tech cars... with bluetooth and bun/steering warmers please 😁

·
Registered
25 Posts
First and foremost, welcome to the forum. Love my Trailhawk. It's great in our Utah winters. What are you thinking, 3.2 V6 or 2.0T? Standard Trailhawk or Elite? There are many options.
Thanks! I can’t wait. I’ve never owned a new car before.

I found a Trailhawk elite with V6 on the lot near me tomorrow. Has tech and everything I wanted (no sunroof but that’s ok) for 3k cheaper than another Trailhawk (non-elite) but with sunroof, tech, turbo, and more stuff I don’t really need.

I was torn on V6 vs turbo but I figure it’s a wash with the premium fuel. If I can get it with all these rebates they are offering tomorrow I don’t know if I’ll find a better deal on a new car.

·
Registered
9,311 Posts
we were and ended up with a Palisade.. couldn't be more happier. for now. fingers crossed.
Do you still have the 2015 Cherokee ? I'm asking because you've just posted about your long term ESS problem.

41 - 60 of 89 Posts