2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I'll be honest, I haven't gotten around to getting these cracks fixed yet as I've been quite busy these last couple months. I'm hoping I can get it addressed before the winter rolls though. I'll definitely report back when I do eventually get this taken care of.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
well, add mine to the list .. 2014 model .. noticed the same cracks on mine last year when I was trying to figure where I was taking on water in the spare compartment .. used clear nautical sealant to fill the cracks .. no more water.

So not only does it look bad, water can penetrate there and find its way to your spare compartment.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Add me to the list as well. 2015 model year, September 2014 build date.
One side clearly has it, and the other side is developing it judring from the one crack...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was doing some general cleaning, and vacuuming earlier, and noticed some distinct cracks towards the rear hatch on both sides of the car. One side is worse than the other, but they're definitely there. What's even stranger is the cracks themselves follow the same exact lines on both sides.

View attachment 211636 View attachment 211637

Is it possible this is potential defect in the body structure of the vehicle? Any of my fellow JCC folks have such a thing occurred, and if not sure, maybe inspecting your Cherokees to be sure? Currently at 135k miles on my Jeep.
I have this same crack on both sides Of my 2014 227,000km.
I will check my parents 2014 next time I go visit. They have 230,000km.
Does Jeep care?

·
Registered
64 Posts
My best friend noticed mine when we were out camping one day. 2015 in White, I figured they were just from stress/cracks in the paint. If anyone has any updates from dealer visits post them up!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts