2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10,333 Posts
Here is a pic of the EBC installed. They are working fine so far and fixed my shaking problem:
Warped rotors are not that common. Pad deposits or... rust from seized caliper pins, similar to what yours seem to have suffered from. With insufficient pad contact due to restricted/no caliper movement, rotor surface (one side) will rust and cause vibrations, for sure.

Late typo edit (do/due)

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Warped rotors are not that common. Pad deposits or... rust from seized caliper pins, similar to what yours seem to have suffered from. With insufficient pad contact do to restricted/no caliper movement, rotor surface (one side) will rust and cause vibrations, for sure.
When I say warped I don't actually mean warped. The term is thrown around incorrectly all over the place and I meant pad deposits causing lateral runout issues, put most people in USA call it warped.

I did check the caliper pins and they were not seized, at least at the time I did the brake job.

Reactions: Mark_

·
Registered
10,333 Posts
When I say warped I don't actually mean warped. The term is thrown around incorrectly all over the place and I meant pad deposits causing lateral runout issues, put most people in USA call it warped.

I did check the caliper pins and they were not seized, at least at the time I did the brake job.
Fair enough.

Just from seeing your pads : one worn down much more than the other, suggests caliper not working/moving properly, pressure/force being applied to one side only. That's usually a seizing caliper pin, maybe not 100% seized though.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts