2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of heading up that way on Saturday with the kiddos. It's an hour and a half drive for me but the closest legal place that I currently know of. Anybody else going to be there this weekend?

Just going to hit some beginner trails as I am new to off roading and my KL TH is stock. :wink:

· Registered
2,757 Posts
Thinking of heading up that way on Saturday with the kiddos. It's an hour and a half drive for me but the closest legal place that I currently know of. Anybody else going to be there this weekend?

Just going to hit some beginner trails as I am new to off roading and my KL TH is stock. :wink:
Several of us have been out there. Lots of easy stuff to break in a newbie and a virgin TH. Don't know if we have anyone going out there or not this weekend. Check http://softroaders.com/forum/ and there may be someone going.

· Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah sorry ... Bridgeport, TX.

· Registered
985 Posts
Went once last year. My TH was only like a month old at the time. Took it easy, played mostly in the dirt and mud, stayed off the "big" rocks that could do harm. Wife was co-pilot, so just had a fun, dirty day.

As a note; in Texas you have to have an off-road sticker for the year. Check their web site. They won't let you in without. They may have some at the gate for purchase, they may not. Quite a few motorcycle shops carry them.

· Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the heads up rt. I've already received my OHV sticker. Really that's all I plan to do ... play in the dirt and mud (if there is any) with my daughter (14).

· Registered
33 Posts
I live about 2 hours from Bridgeport and have been wanting to take my virgin TH out to bridgeport to see how it does. I was thinking about going on labor day weekend if nothing else comes up and if I can find others to wheel with.

· Registered
508 Posts
That's right. Bridgeport California is always my first reaction.
I like your trip report website. It's very inspiring!
Your hike to mount patterson was basically along a route marked as 4wd on the map. Is that last section too hard for a Trailhawk?
you should be able to get over 10200' if not too snowy, but the road is officially closed after that on the east side. People take the west side (from Lobdell Lake) way up, legally. ATVs drive to the top. I specifically wanted a route where there would be no atvs.

Thanks, I don't try to inspire. Just this year I've had to face the fact that some things I will never do, because of somewhat ironic medical limitations.

· Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just a couple of pictures from yesterday. I stuck to the one and two diamond trails. A couple of the two diamond trails were a challenge for me (not the jeep). Overall I'm very impressed with the capabilities of this Jeep.

Reactions: rt-texas
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.