2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post, I’ve been searching and sifting and haven’t found exactly what I’m looking for. I have a 2019 TH I’d like to run the 1.5” hazard sky, and maybe 1.25” wheel spacers for a little more clearance and aggressive look. I don’t want to go to big tires. I’m looking at eventually pulling a
Small camper like a rpod or similar tear drop. And maybe some light off road. How will this combo work? Any tire rub from the spacers? I also don’t want it to look goofy because of too much wheel well.
Thanks for reading!

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
2" rear spring lift and knuckle drop (empty) on stock size KO2's. I tend to carry more and flattens out. the normal tow set up.
20180527_122539.jpg
20170929_173243.jpg

Reactions: m4rk0

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2" rear spring lift and knuckle drop (empty) on stock size KO2's. I tend to carry more and flattens out. the normal tow set up. View attachment 212268 View attachment 212269
Great looking set up!! Did you go with the rear springs for more payload vs just spacers?? I’m assuming a knuckle drop is just the standard HS of MFC way of lifting the front. How’s the Jeep handle that camper? Seems like a lot of frontal area. Definitely would be interested in a set up like that. It’s pretty flat around us so not to concerned about mountains, but it definitely gets windy. I’m definitely afraid of losing towing power by going to bigger tires. Sorry lots of questions.

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
Yes I went with the springs for load and tongue weight, It pulls the trailer well but if you go faster than 60 you gas milage takes a dive. You can feel the wing on winds over 15 mph and have pulled in 35 mph head and side winds in the columbia gorge, and needed to find a place to camp till the winds dropped the next day.
stonecrop.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts