2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

Registered
Good catch, I missed that. To me, 4 year replcement sounds better, it just depends on what the pro rated conditions are I guess...
It seems that pro-rated batteries are becoming a thing of the past, but they can be found. Some of us have access to Fleet Farms, which sell their own branded batteries at great prices. I've bought several over the years and they are always made by either Johnson Controls or East Penn. In fact, they have an interesting option for the 94R....3 years full replacement, with another 4 years pro-rated.

Reactions: Mark_

Registered
It seems that pro-rated batteries are becoming a thing of the past, but they can be found. Some of us have access to Fleet Farms, which sell their own branded batteries at great prices. I've bought several over the years and they are always made by either Johnson Controls or East Penn. In fact, they have an interesting option for the 94R....3 years full replacement, with another 4 years pro-rated.

Wow that's an interesting warranty ! Same JC battery, good price at $199 (if they do get more in stock).

Reminds me of Rural King, they had a JC 94R AGM for a great price. Checked just now and I can't find it anymore.

Registered
Some things, I just don't buy at Walmart...馃槈馃槑
I know, right ? But when it comes to car batteries, they contract out to the big boys, like JC right now (past decade ?) and East Penn previously, if I recall. As we know, JC has different lines, some worse than others... but the 94R/H7 AGM is the same as all the others, going with specs and case. If I were shopping for a regular OEM replacement AGM for the Cherokee, I would jump on that Walmart battery, price is way better than other resellers. But I wouldn't buy a regular AGM for my KL, now that I've experienced a Northstar.

Reactions: Flybynightcru

Registered
Discussion Starter · #65 · (Edited)
I will probably get a new battery next week. This week is going to be a little hectic. I know Batteries + shows a limited supply of the X2 battery and was wondering how this compares.

i am going to pick up this battery tomorrow. The Stop/Start not ready Battery charging message came on again. I put the charger back on Tuesday and left it on for about 20 hours and the message did not change.

So I figure might as well get it taken care of now. I did check out the WalMart battery but they were not available at any of the locations near us. If I remember correctly the nearest store with stock is around 40 miles away.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Just an update. Had the new battery installed and 鈥淪top/Start not ready battery charging鈥 message immediately went away. Everything thing seems to be working as it should.

Many thanks to all for your help.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
I will probably get a new battery next week. This week is going to be a little hectic. I know Batteries + shows a limited supply of the X2 battery and was wondering how this compares.

What battery did you end up going with???馃槑
I decided on this one as I will probably only keep the Cherokee a couple more years.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts