2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. Yesterday we ordered a 2020 Cherokee Limited with the 3.2 in velvet red and whitish interior. Hoping for delivery sometime in April. This isn't our first go with FCA. We have owned a Concord, Intrepid and currently have a RAM 1500 SLT 5.7 hemi that is the tow vehicle for our travel trailer.

We are trading our very low mileage (71,000 km) 2013 Camry XLT V6 for the Jeep. Hopefully we will be happy with the decision to return to FCA for our daily driver. Looking forward to being associated with a close family of enthusiasts.

·
Registered
9,324 Posts
Hi folks. Yesterday we ordered a 2020 Cherokee Limited with the 3.2 in velvet red and whitish interior. Hoping for delivery sometime in April. This isn't our first go with FCA. We have owned a Concord, Intrepid and currently have a RAM 1500 SLT 5.7 hemi that is the tow vehicle for our travel trailer.

We are trading our very low mileage (71,000 km) 2013 Camry XLT V6 for the Jeep. Hopefully we will be happy with the decision to return to FCA for our daily driver. Looking forward to being associated with a close family of enthusiasts.
Welcome to the board, Maggie ;)

Velvet red ? Not sure I've seen this color, yet. Sounds very nice. I have a 2015 in cherry red (I think that's how they named it..).

Concord ? Omg... yeah I remember that one... and its AWD Eagle sibling.

The Camry is a model of reliability, but not the most fun to drive ; the 2020 Limited will be more fun, I promise, hahaha.

Don't hesitate to stop by and ask questions, post pictures, etc... and enjoy the forum !

·
Registered
155 Posts
Welcome to the site! I know you will enjoy the Cherokee KL when it arrives.....must be hard counting down the days.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Welcome to our exclusive club! How did you get a white interior? When I go to the Jeep website and try building a vehicle it only shows black or ski grey as the options.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Nevermind. I should have read your post better. You said “whitish” interior and thats a pretty good description of “ski grey”. I just never looked at the picture of it before. Sorry.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The dealer got in touch today and our Limited now has a VIN. So, progress is being made. He also relayed that the dealership has a Compass sitting in the "ready for shipment" compound but can't be shipped due to the rail unrest here in Canada. Guess he was reminding me of the 2011 trucking strike that kept our RAM on a siding in Toledo for almost 3 months waiting for the strike to be over and the back-log cleared. Lot to be said for buying off the lot.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi all, again. Getting closer to becoming a real Club member. Our dealer called yesterday and we are in the KZM point of the 2020 Limited build. So, just have to wait for shipping to happen.
With all that is going on in the world at large, any good news is welcome. With that said, please be safe out there and take care of each other.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yesterday we picked up the new Cherokee. The administration stuff went well and all that needed copies the transaction, insurance etc were notified. Hard to believe that it went so smoothly considering the number of shut-downs associated with COVID 19. Anyway It's safe in the driveway. Only have to learn how everything operates. Guess we'll need to hire a 15 year old to show us.
Also, considering world events, 5 weeks order to delivery isn't bad. Took the truck 4 months in 2011.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Yesterday we picked up the new Cherokee. The administration stuff went well and all that needed copies the transaction, insurance etc were notified. Hard to believe that it went so smoothly considering the number of shut-downs associated with COVID 19. Anyway It's safe in the driveway. Only have to learn how everything operates. Guess we'll need to hire a 15 year old to show us.
Also, considering world events, 5 weeks order to delivery isn't bad. Took the truck 4 months in 2011.
Congratulations on the delivery!!! You will most likely spend a year or so figuring everything out. I'm still finding new things it has or does. You will learn a lot around here, as I have, and continue to. Big welcome from Utah!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts