2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Cherokee 3.2L V6
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I figured I would make a new thread on this because I know this is a hot topic with our Cherokees. I just want to pass this info along to others looking for one of these units. I have spent a decent amount of $$ trying various units and want to save others from doing the same thing.

So after much Searching I found a Android Head unit that retains ALL factory features except 1 (heated steering wheel). I have a fully loaded Cherokee and it literally works with everything! There are only two minor flaws. If you change the AC temp settings from C to F in the settings a C will remain next to the temp even though the temperature is in F. This is a minor flaw because the temperature is right. I covered this in the video. The other minor flaw is loss of heated steering wheel. I really dont care about this because my heated seats still work.

This unit also supports Android Auto WIRELESSLY! I have not tested caprlay. But if it works Wirelessly with Android Auto I don't see why it wont with carplay. Not that its needed on an Android Unit buts its nice to have. Yes all the factory USB ports are retained also. Please check out the video!

Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Car Steering wheel

Vehicle Car Plant Motor vehicle Automotive design
Vehicle Car Automotive design Steering wheel Motor vehicle
White Hood Light Automotive design Grille
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Gadget

Review Video
Initial Setup/Settings Tweaks. Includes wiring notes!

Where to Buy it
Teyes CC3 for 2014-2018 Jeep Cherokee

My Other Thread (3 Options to Add Android Auto)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will this work with a 2015 jeep trailhawk?
Dude it works with any Jeep Cherokee 2014-2018. Take a look at the video If You Can there are some things you need to know if you've never owned an Android unit

Please keep in mind I didn't make it and I don't work for them I'm just a consumer like you trying to spread the word to other Cherokee owners

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk, 3.2L, True Blue
10 Posts
This is very interesting.

I LOVE my 2015 TH. Honestly the only thing I want is Android Auto. The Uconnect 4 swap is super expensive and a pain but the most elegant solution. This is 75% there at less than a third of the cost. Tracking...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is 75% there at less than a third of the cost. Tracking...
Id say its 100% there. Not only does it have Android auto it has Android auto Wireless on a bigger screen than the factory swap you were mentioning. 10.1" vs 8"

Did you watch the video?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Id say its 100% there. Not only does it have Android auto it has Android auto Wireless on a bigger screen than the factory swap you were mentioning. 10.1" vs 8"

Did you watch the video?
Yes, I did. As he mentioned there is no video of Android Auto actually interacting with his phone. I'd like to see more video and feedback before falling head over heels. And, I do use my heated wheel.

So yes, it looks very promising, but I'll stay skeptical for now, thanks.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, I did. As he mentioned there is no video of Android Auto actually interacting with his phone. I'd like to see more video and feedback before falling head over heels. And, I do use my heated wheel.

So yes, it looks very promising, but I'll stay skeptical for now, thanks.
No when I said why in the video but there are screenshots above

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I see the screenshots as well. No clip of Waze, Signal, or other apps I use. Not all Android builds are created equal. Plus there is no mention of satellite radio compatibility.
I don't think there is a Android radio in existence that works with serious satellite radio not by satellite. You can use the Sirius XM app though

The whole reason I bought this is I wanted a native Android system in my car. To where I could use Spotify and Google Maps and keep all my factory features.

Can I do that same thing over Android auto? Yes. I just prefer to do it on the native system instead. I have fully tested Android auto and it works flawlessly and wirelessly. I am just trying to spread the word for folks who were looking for an Android auto system that lets them keep all their Factory features and I found it. So I am just sharing the knowledge with others

I hope you wind up finding something that's what you're looking for. As for Android auto it is no different on this system than it is on my friend's pioneer. He has a Jeep Cherokee also and bought a pioneer nex and went the idatalink route. He is however jealous of my system because my screen is so much bigger. He's debating selling his stuff on eBay and buying the same unit I did. he doesn't care about heated steering wheel either it's the only Factory function you lose

·
Registered
10 Posts
Don't know what to tell you man I don't think there is a Android radio in existence that works with serious satellite radio not by satellite. You can use the Sirius XM app though

These are all things I don't use and don't really care about to be honest. The whole reason I bought this is I wanted a native Android system in my car. To where I could use Spotify and Google Maps and keep all my factory features.

Can I do that same thing over Android auto? Yes. I just prefer to do it on the native system instead. I have fully tested Android auto and it works flawlessly and wirelessly. I do not make this radio and I am not affiliated with them in any way so whether or not you get it makes no difference to me

I am just trying to spread the word for folks who were looking for an Android auto system that lets them keep all their Factory features and I found it. So I am just sharing the knowledge with others

I hope you wind up finding something that's what you're looking for. As for Android auto it is no different on this system than it is on my friend's pioneer. He has a Jeep Cherokee also and bought a pioneer nex and went the idatalink route. He is however jealous of my system because my screen is so much bigger. He's debating selling his stuff on eBay and buying the same unit I did. he doesn't care about heated steering wheel either it's the only Factory function you lose
Dude I think you're really making too much of this. Thanks for the info. It's an interesting option.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Saw your review on the Teyes regarding using the factory SiriusXM/gps antenna. My 8.4 3C doesnt have GPS but does have SiriusXM. Does that matter? Is the antenna the same regardless?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Saw your review on the Teyes regarding using the factory SiriusXM/gps antenna. My 8.4 3C doesnt have GPS but does have SiriusXM. Does that matter? Is the antenna the same regardless?
I'm actually in the process of editing a second video as we speak that covers this but Sirius XM antenna is also the GPS antenna so you would use your SiriusXM antenna as the GPS antenna.

So no the fact that you didn't have Factory GPS doesn't matter but you're still going to want to get that cable it's roughly $8 on Amazon and it will use your Sirius XM antenna as a GPS antenna. The reason you want to do this is It's mounted outside your car therefore it's going to be more accurate and work much better than the GPS dongle that comes with the head unit

Here is said cables. There are two brands.
www.amzn.com/B08JV1ZBFN
www.amzn.com/B07PGRFK1P

1 - 20 of 22 Posts