2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Yep 2 techs worked on this procedure and put 70 miles on the car just to be sure, and believe me I am pursuing it aggressively and following up with them on an almost daily basis. I'm getting worried about it because corporate suggested to me that if I want to pursue this any further, to get a lawyer... ridiculous that they can't stand behind their product.
May I suggest you begin a new thread with a catchy title..... then let Chrysler know after awhile what the responses are.

Bob

·
Registered
264 Posts
May I suggest you begin a new thread with a catchy title..... then let Chrysler know after awhile what the responses are.

Bob

I guess I could do that. Where do you think would be the most appropriate place on the forum to create such a thread since this would most likely be a complaint/informative topic rather than a thread for technical assistance since I've done almost everything I can on my end in terms of fixing the issue?

·
Registered
424 Posts
I guess I could do that. Where do you think would be the most appropriate place on the forum to create such a thread since this would most likely be a complaint/informative topic rather than a thread for technical assistance since I've done almost everything I can on my end in terms of fixing the issue?
Call it After TSB transmission problem. Then give a history and what Chrysler is or is not doing about it. At the end ask if anyone else has had this issue. As time goes on report on this forum any progress or lack thereof. Express concerns and how helpful or not helpful everyone is or is not up the service chain from dealer to corporate. Some may consider it a rant but people need to be informed about their new vehicle and what could happen if anything goes south.
Good luck and I will certainly comment on the new thread.

Bob

·
Registered
107 Posts
1200 miles and like you cant tell when it shifts unless I watch the rpm which is real fun. I love driving 75 and looking at my rpms and noticing its only at 1500 rpms Awesome

There's something wrong here.Your report is nothing like my experience. Shifts at low end are felt and 75 never goes below 2000 rpms or so. You know what gear you're in at 75 mph?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
There's something wrong here.Your report is nothing like my experience. Shifts at low end are felt and 75 never goes below 2000 rpms or so. You know what gear you're in at 75 mph?
For me 65-75 settles in 8th gear, rpms in the 1500 range. With cruise on at 70 and going through the mountains, it very seamlessly downshifts to 7th or occasionally 6th if a steep grade. Maintains a very constant 70. This is with the V6, is yours the 6 or 4?

·
Registered
35 Posts
WORST SHIFTING SUV I EVER FELT..MECHANIC OF OVER 30YRS 15 FOR DODGE /JEEP..
JUS BOUGHT A 15 CHEROKEE LIMITED SHIFTS LIKE A TANK,42K MILES..WHAT I ESP DONT LIKE IS THE 2-1 BUMPSTOP

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
3,344 Posts
DID YOU TEST DRIVE IT???

No need to scream.

Early models are known for trans issues. I would think you would have noticed it when you test drove it. You didn’t buy a 6-7 year old car without checking it over, did you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Apparently not...😎

21 - 29 of 29 Posts