2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
To run alpha on mine i just had a OBDlink MX. They replaced it with a new one but acts the same. and a cheapy android tablet. Some vehicles get picky and do want the extra dongles but i had good luck with not needing them. People on youtube have posted some good videos on using the program. Anything for like ram or other jeeps will be similar enough to figure out what you need to do. Depending on year they added a security gateway module on vehicles and if you have one of those you would need a bypass/adapter otherwise you wont be able to talk to the vehicle. I have used a couple different ones of those and they all did basically the same thing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the 19, so I'll be getting that security bypass. I saw someone on an old thread didn't like the windows version of alfa, but that was 4 years ago. I was just gonna use my android phone or my chromebook with the Bluetooth obd reader that they suggest.
Font Rectangle Brand Logo Screenshot

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
921 Posts
I have the 19, so I'll be getting that security bypass. I saw someone on an old thread didn't like the windows version of alfa, but that was 4 years ago. I was just gonna use my android phone or my chromebook with the Bluetooth obd reader that they suggest.
View attachment 219443
Thats what I use. I got the bypass from infotainment, and then use alfa on my samsung phone with the MX+

Reactions: Nammy 2019kl
21 - 23 of 23 Posts