2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its going to be my first car and I got the fwd 2.4l option without the awd because I couldn't afford it. My dad lives on a decently sized hill and is 70% rock and 30% gravel that was laid years ago. He owns a 2004 gran cherokee v8 limited and has multiple off roading equipment he put on himself. Im worried I cant go up to his house and will get stuck even tho he and other family has gone up with 2wd cars that doesn't sit as high as the 2014 cherokee. Just wondering what terrian tires I should put on it to increase my traction and % of getting up the hill.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Its going to be my first car and I got the fwd 2.4l option without the awd because I couldn't afford it. My dad lives on a decently sized hill and is 70% rock and 30% gravel that was laid years ago. He owns a 2004 gran cherokee v8 limited and has multiple off roading equipment he put on himself. Im worried I cant go up to his house and will get stuck even tho he and other family has gone up with 2wd cars that doesn't sit as high as the 2014 cherokee. Just wondering what terrian tires I should put on it to increase my traction and % of getting up the hill.
Its a 2014 jeep cherokee sport straight off the dealership lot

·
Registered
261 Posts
Any all terrain tire would work. Front wheel drive is very capable, comes down to driver experience

Reactions: Flybynightcru

·
Registered
376 Posts

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
909 Posts
Being a 2014, probably not the original tires, what do you have on it now?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
3,613 Posts
Congrats on the new Cherokee. You'll be fine. Just drive it, and have fun, and take care of it, and maybe you can save up, and trade it for a Trailhawk someday. That's a great first car!!! My first car was a beater 62 Volkswagen Bug...LOL!!!😎

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congrats on the new Cherokee. You'll be fine. Just drive it, and have fun, and take care of it, and maybe you can save up, and trade it for a Trailhawk someday. That's a great first car!!! My first car was a beater 62 Volkswagen Bug...LOL!!!😎
Thank you. Ive been saving up for the down payment and have to pay for everything but insurance and gas. I do want a trailhawk! But damn the cheapest I found in my area was 25k😳

·
Registered
Red 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
166 Posts
The Cherokee Sport is a fine vehicle and a great first car! Shouldn’t have any issues getting to your dad’s. Have fun! 😎

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
theres the jeep at my grandparents house. It has 17inch wheels on it should I do 18 inch wheels when the time comes? And any ideas for me to make it look more aggressive? Its a cherokee sport not a trailhawk so decals and cosmetics will be needed haha

·
Registered
909 Posts
Nice and clean '14 ! Congrats !

Keep the 17"! I always try to go to the smallest wheel diameter on a truck/suv to give me the most sidewall on the tires (and tires tend to be more reasonably priced in the smaller diameters). Trailhawks have 17"... But for a FWD, you may not be able to fit the same tires, as it rides lower than any of the 4X4 models
IMO the 17" look the best on the Cherokee. And I have 18"s, but it did come with new BFG KO2s (pics here:
Was asked to post pics of my BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 LT 255/55R18, on the stock rims. Here they are...
View attachment 212829

View attachment 212826
View attachment 212824
View attachment 212823

Reactions: praq1966

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice and clean '14 ! Congrats !

Keep the 17"! I always try to go to the smallest wheel diameter on a truck/suv to give me the most sidewall on the tires (and tires tend to be more reasonably priced in the smaller diameters). Trailhawks have 17"... But for a FWD, you may not be able to fit the same tires, as it rides lower than any of the 4X4 models
IMO the 17" look the best on the Cherokee. And I have 18"s, but it did come with new BFG KO2s (pics here:
Damn those look good! What rims are those? Do you think I could put like a 2 inch lift on it? Or is that unreasonable since its only fwd.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Thanks! Mine are the factory 18" on a Limited...
I would search the site for "FWD Lift" , seems to be some info for you... ;)

Reactions: CaseyMiller

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OK update. I love my jeep but am im having a massive issue with 1st 2nd and sometimes 3rd gear. Acceleration from a stop is super rough, it bangs into the next gear and is completely fine after 20mph. Its almost like the car buckles itself to shift like its the transmission fluid is low or something. I have these pictures all of which are the problems im having is there anything I can do to fix this?

·
Registered
376 Posts
First I would check with your local dealership and make sure all transmission and drivetrain updates are current. Hopefully its just a simple software update. Though on my 2014 ad1 v6 I was having rough hard shifting in lower gears and no software fixed it. I visited my local dealer had the tech ride along and ended up with a new transmission. Which is the current hardware design and shifts much much smoother with less lag as well. They changed some internal hardware pieces of the transmission mid 2015 model year due to complaints and loss of 2nd gear due to a hardware weakness.

·
Premium Member
1,945 Posts
If 2 cars made it up you shouldn't have any problems. FWD the weight
of the engine sits on top of the drive wheels. I wheeled every car I owned
before getting the XJ in 2000. (Chevette, Audi Fox, AMC Concord, Ford
Ranger (2WD), Plymouth Horizon, even my CRX!) Nothing to radical
well depends on how many beers I had that night. Got stuck about 50%
of the time walking home! LOL

1 - 19 of 19 Posts