2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

Alfaobd beginner 2019 latitude kl

8K views 57 replies 17 participants last post by  Tico007 
#1 ·
Anybody that knows alfa wanna get me started? I sent my back up to Google, but I need to store my proxy settings, and maybe do the tire change to get familiar a little. I tried global windows down, and damn near broke the car.. Someone on FB said I can't do windows down with this model.. My success story with this software so far, is that my car still runs...
Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle Tire Car

See less See more
#53 ·
The easiest way to get to the SGM connectors is through the dash top cubby - much easier to pull that than the center stack. :cool:
Of course, I only found that out after I already had the whole thing pulled apart... :confused:

#54 ·
Can you leave your SGWM disconnected? (assuming your have the bypass cable/adapter)

Since the SGWM doesn't really serve much unless you actual have over-the-air wireless service (it was essentially added as a wireless firewall), if one doesn't have a 4G access for their uConnect, it's almost preferable to have it permanently disconnected so you can use the physical OBD2 connector whenever you want.

Truthfully, I thought with the SGWM bypass in place, everything (including radio) would work. In other words, the bypass just takes the SGWM 'out of the chain'

Rectangle Font Parallel Technology Brand

#55 ·
from seeing pictures of the sgm behind the radio it looks to me as if you can disconnect the wire cable retainers then maybe the cables can be pulled down to just behind the center console cabin air filter panel for easy access next time its needed. I haven't needed to get to it yet but that's my plan for when I do.

#56 ·
I just tested my 2019 and yes, so long as you have the 12 +8 bypass cable you can disconnect the SGW. Without that the radio, climate control, and who knows what else doesn’t work. I Added extension cables and removed the SGWM so I don’t have to pull apart the dash anymore. If I need to go to the dealer, I can just plug it in where it’s easily accessible. Looks like behind the cabin air filter is a good spot.

Wheel Photograph Tire Automotive tire Vehicle

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Vehicle

Wood Cable Font Laptop accessory Hardwood