2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

Alfaobd beginner 2019 latitude kl

8K views 57 replies 17 participants last post by  Tico007 
#1 ·
Anybody that knows alfa wanna get me started? I sent my back up to Google, but I need to store my proxy settings, and maybe do the tire change to get familiar a little. I tried global windows down, and damn near broke the car.. Someone on FB said I can't do windows down with this model.. My success story with this software so far, is that my car still runs...
Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle Tire Car

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 ·
I played a little with the single actuator function. I haven't had the washers since I bought the car, so I have been trying to diagnose that. Alfa is quite a powerful tool. I did get the washers to shoot fluid with alfa, and I'm waiting on the new steering wheel switches to see of that's the issue. But, after the attempt at global windows down, I'm a little shook up.

Discussion starter · #5 ·
I wish there was a pinned post for our model that listed what's possible, and the steps. The dodge truck has. Pretty decent footprint on YouTube. But, our little grocery getters are ignored. Maybe I'll try the lights. I heard it really helps mileage to do the tire size change. A kid I was talking to a kid on Facebook that seemed pretty confident that I could do it. I'm just a little gun shy after the last incident. What about codes? I pulled these off the bcm, and they don't clear.
Colorfulness Rectangle Font Screenshot Material property
by

Discussion starter · #7 ·
Interesting. I got the impression that it changed the shifting pattern as well as the speedometer. I don't know. I'm just the new guy. I was also told we have to do a proxy alignment every time we do a change. Have you found this to be true?

Discussion starter · #10 ·
I bought her used and the only thing that doesn't work so far, is the radio was messed up. I actually got that fixed on my own. That's a story for another day. But, the washers never worked in front, and the backs worked for about a week. I changed the motor because that's an easy step, and the rears worked again for about 5 minutes. Then I introduced myself to alfaobd, and got the front sprayers to work through the single actuator page, but never the back. I will have the steering wheel assembly in a day or two, and am hoping this fixes my sprayer issue. But, everything else seems on point.

Discussion starter · #20 ·
A few things
1. You need a security module bypass
2. You can't change tire size
3. AlphaOBD doesn't change TCM parameters, it can only run diagnostics.
4. If you keep failing proxi alignments you may need a canbus blue adapter to successfully complete the proxi alignment
I've got the bypass, no tire change... also no global windows down? What's TCM, and why would i want to change it? Last, I haven't needed a proxy alignment yet, should I just get the canbus blue adapter now? Thanks for helping me get started.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Mobile phone Portable communications device Output device Communication Device Telephony

Ok, so no windows down, no tire change.. I can turn the fog lights on with high beams... What else have you guys been able to do successfully? I can program a key, yes?
I also have an aftermarket radio that I bought, that has a screen for climate controls, but the seller doesn't think it can talk to the bcm. He has a cable. But he doesn't think it will be right. Can i build the cable and order the right canbus? Or, can I make the one I have align with my car? I'd really like to understand how to make it work. I did install it, of course, and the seller said the the steering wheel controls should work, but I couldn't figure it out. I didn't try anything with alfa yet, cause I didn't have it yet. Am I correct in believing that with alfa I can get this radio to integrate successfully?