2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Only time i have done proxy alignments is when the odometer is flashing but maybe this is different. I have used alpha on the rams, other jeeps and dodges. There is a lot that can go wrong if you try to adjust settings that are not correct for the platform.

Those codes are not clearing? have anything not working when those codes are active? one is a comm issue. not sure what the other one is.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sorry to jump in, but I have been reading various posts on using AlfaODB and I want to try it.
I have a 2015 North Edition, my minor confusion is what adapters, if any, are needed?
I see mention of the Blue canbus adapter, a security gateway bypass module and various flavors of USB cables.
Suggestions?

-BobC

2015 does not have a security gateway so no bypass needed. May or may not need blue canbus adapter, some do, some dont. Will need a supported OBD2 dongle that works with the software. i use the OBDMX but its been replaced by the + version.

·
Registered
34 Posts
View attachment 219774
Ok, so no windows down, no tire change.. I can turn the fog lights on with high beams... What else have you guys been able to do successfully? I can program a key, yes?
I also have an aftermarket radio that I bought, that has a screen for climate controls, but the seller doesn't think it can talk to the bcm. He has a cable. But he doesn't think it will be right. Can i build the cable and order the right canbus? Or, can I make the one I have align with my car? I'd really like to understand how to make it work. I did install it, of course, and the seller said the the steering wheel controls should work, but I couldn't figure it out. I didn't try anything with alfa yet, cause I didn't have it yet. Am I correct in believing that with alfa I can get this radio to integrate successfully?

I installed a android unit in a dodge before and it worked well out of the box, did not need to do anything more. I have not gone too in depth with these cherokees as mines been at the dealer more then i have had it at home to test stuff. Someone hopefully will chime in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts