2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would start a thread discussing your interactions with sites/companies selling aftermarket components for the Cherokee. Post your experiences here.

·
Super Moderator
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Quadratec experience 24/Mar/2014

I thought I would start a thread discussing your interactions with sites/companies selling aftermarket components for the Cherokee. Post your experiences here.
Visited Quadratec today, 24/Marc/2014 http://quadratec.com

1) They don't yet have the 2014 Cherokee on their site

2) I called their 1-800 #
Asked when they would be adding 2014 Jeep Cherokee to their site.
"It usually take a while for aftermarket to begin making aftermarket components for new Jeeps blah blah blah".
I explained that there are numerous suppliers available and they are bypassing a huge potential market.
"Can't tell you when we will have the 2014 Cherokee on our site. Sorry".
Asked to speak to their "Forum contact and that I was referred by one of their current suppliers, MGP". Was blind transferred to a voice mail box.

3) I tried their live chat. Following is a transcript:
Thanks for your patience, a Quadratec Team Member will be with you shortly.
All operators are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. An operator will be with you shortly.
You are now chatting with 'John T'
Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK1216901419696X
John T: Hello. How may I assist you?
Eric: Hi! A couple of things. 1) you don't yet have the 2014 Jeep Cherokee on your site
Eric: 2) I just tried calling in and got blind transfereed to your "forum" contacts voicemail
John T: sorry, we do not yet show parts for the 2014 trailhawk
Eric: 3) I was referrred to you by a supplier, MGP, who makes caliper covers, as someone who had a "great relationship with Jeep owners" and "has a guy who works directly with Forum sites for group buys"
Eric: there are a LOT of aftermarket parts for the 2014 Cherokee
Eric: exhaust, rock rails, roof racks, side steps, brush guards, wenches, light bars, HID kits, LED taillights,
Eric: and of course caliper covers by MGP
Eric: not excluding the Mopar catalog
John T: ok
John T: we can order parts if the manufacturers are the same we offer
John T: you can contact my sales line at 800-745-5337 then can help you with this. they are in the office now .
John T:
Eric: Im posting a review of your site on http://jeepcherokeeclub.com including the contents of this discussion
John T: ok
Eric: When will you have to 2014 Cherokee on your website?
John T: as soon as the manufacturers that we carry offer the parts for the jeep,we will offer them.
John T: on line
John T: i could not put a time frame on the listings
Eric: you have current suppliers that currently have 2014 Cherokee parts.
Eric: Do you carry Thule?
Eric: Yokima?
Eric: MGP?
Eric: Rocky Road?
Eric: http://www.rocky-road.com/2014-jeep-cherokee-kl.html
John T: we do offer thule, yakima,we offer calipers by mgp
Eric: Thule has 2014 Cherokee compatible feet, rail kits and racks
Eric: So does Yokima
John T: that i am not certain of when the listings will show on line
Eric: I have posted a complete copy of this conversation on http://jeepcherokeeclub.com. If you wish to have me post an update to the status on your site, you may feel free to contact me, (contact info).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Visited Quadratec today, 24/Marc/2014 http://quadratec.com

1) They don't yet have the 2014 Cherokee on their site

2) I called their 1-800 #
Asked when they would be adding 2014 Jeep Cherokee to their site.
"It usually take a while for aftermarket to begin making aftermarket components for new Jeeps blah blah blah".
I explained that there are numerous suppliers available and they are bypassing a huge potential market.
"Can't tell you when we will have the 2014 Cherokee on our site. Sorry".
Asked to speak to their "Forum contact and that I was referred by one of their current suppliers, MGP". Was blind transferred to a voice mail box.

3) I tried their live chat. Following is a transcript:
Hey there,

My name is Rick, I'm the Quadratec forum rep on all the Jeep forums. I want to apologize for the blind transfer on the sales team. I can't speak for them but I'm not sure why you were transferred to a voice mail randomly.

At this time we carry the following:
77006 8019 AFE MAG FORCE INTAKE PRO DRY S 2014 KL 51-12462 $279.00 0 T2/Drop Ship. Which is here:
http://www.quadratec.com/products/77006_8019.htm

And:
77006 8020 AFE MAG FORCE INTAKE PRO 5R 2014 KL 54-12462 $279.00 0 T2/Drop Ship. Which is here:
http://www.quadratec.com/products/77006_8020.htm

As our vendors begin to carry more items we will continue to add them to the website. The 2014 KL is not a vehicle selection option on the website at this time. It will be in the future, but I do not have an ETA after speaking with my web team.

Here are our vendors:
http://www.quadratec.com/help/shop_by_brand.php

If you see an exhaust from any vendor with whom we work, or an intake, seat covers, wheels, or anything else, my sales team can special order these parts for you at 1-800-745-2348. Just call them up, tell them you want to place a special order for the product, and provide them with the manufacturer part number. Their hours are Mon-Thur, 8am-Midnight; Fri 8am-9pm, Sat 9am-5pm.

If you need anything, just let me know.

Thanks and have a great day!

Reactions: gbrockel

·
Super Moderator
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quadratec

Hey there,

My name is Rick, I'm the Quadratec forum rep on all the Jeep forums. I want to apologize for the blind transfer on the sales team. I can't speak for them but I'm not sure why you were transferred to a voice mail randomly.
If you see an exhaust from any vendor with whom we work, or an intake, seat covers, wheels, or anything else, my sales team can special order these parts for you at 1-800-745-2348. Just call them up, tell them you want to place a special order for the product, and provide them with the manufacturer part number. Their hours are Mon-Thur, 8am-Midnight; Fri 8am-9pm, Sat 9am-5pm.

If you need anything, just let me know.

Thanks and have a great day!
Hi Rick!

Thanks for joining Jeep Cherokee Club and thanks for the note.

As I mentioned to your online rep, you have numerous additional vendors that provide 2014 Jeep Cherokee compatible products. Thule, Yakima, etc. (just search for roof rack, rail kits)
If you spend a little time combing through the forums here you will find the suppliers and model/part numbers that our members have discovered are either for the Cherokee or Cherokee/KL compatible.

If you search for "Group buy" you will see some additional sources (such as Rocky Road Outfitters http://www.rocky-road.com/2014-jeep-cherokee-kl.html).

We also have Weathertec mats and liners (among others).

As an additional example, your vendor MGP, who referred me to you, told me you have their latest catalog and that catalog includes their latest products, including the caliper covers (as described here:
http://www.carid.com/2014-jeep-cherokee-caliper-covers/mgp-custom-caliper-covers-17904339.html
)

We are willing to help you by letting you know about additional products we find that are being made for or are compatible with the KL but the first step would be for Quadratec to show us they are serious about supporting Cherokee customers by getting us added as a supported vehicle on your website.

Thanks again for joining and we hope Quadratec begins catching up to the competition.

EAK

·
Registered
236 Posts
Greetings Rick.
Great idea for a thread eak.

We all know Magnaflow has systems made.
MBRP said they will have one
Borla said they will have one

Banks said they are going to design an air intake
K&N said they will have choices

I talked to Bilstien, they said they will look at the Cherokee and see what they are up against, but so far they have intensions to

I like that Magnum has a kit now as well

I have been trying to call Volant for awhile, always a busy phone. If anyone lives near them, stop by. They are always looking for donor vehicles to design kits.

As I have posted in other threads, as the aftermarket opens up in products it makes for an exciting and fun opportunity for these new Cherokees to be personalized by each owner.

Thanks again eak:smile:

·
Super Moderator
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you!

Greetings Rick.
Great idea for a thread eak.

We all know Magnaflow has systems made.
MBRP said they will have one
Borla said they will have one

Banks said they are going to design an air intake
K&N said they will have choices

I talked to Bilstien, they said they will look at the Cherokee and see what they are up against, but so far they have intensions to

I like that Magnum has a kit now as well

I have been trying to call Volant for awhile, always a busy phone. If anyone lives near them, stop by. They are always looking for donor vehicles to design kits.

As I have posted in other threads, as the aftermarket opens up in products it makes for an exciting and fun opportunity for these new Cherokees to be personalized by each owner.

Thanks again eak:smile:
Thanks Buddy!
You just made Rick's job a LOT easier but you also made the pile of reasons why he needs to get his company in gear a lot longer list. Thanks again!
(Personally, I wanted to see him come back with some progress before we started making life simpler - a bit of tit for tat - but I think this gives him a taste for the level of assistance we can provide if they show us they value it.

Reactions: Buddy and zzjdzz

·
Registered
700 Posts
I shot Poison Spyder an email and asked if they have anything in the works or planned for the KL. Here is what I sent; I will update with a response if/when I get it:

"I am curious if you guys have anything in the works for the KL, especially the Trailhawk version. You guys make great products and I am really hoping you choose to develop for the platform. I frequent JeepCherokeeClub.com which is a forum devoted to the KL and will share any information you provide me with that community."

Reactions: zzjdzz and Buddy

·
Registered
700 Posts
Here is their response....Don't hold you breath for any KL parts out of POISON SPYDER:

"We currently do not have any plans to build parts for the KL. Our research and development team is consumed with new products for the JK and updating parts for the CJ,YJ,TJ & LJ. Not to say it will never happen. It’s Just not on the drawing board anytime soon. For new products and vehicle build updates. Please keep an eye on us at www.poisonspyder.com and be sure to LIKEus on Facebook for all our new product updates. If you have any additional questions or concerns. Please let me know. Below I have provided my direct contact information."

·
Registered
921 Posts
@Van Blank, is there a way to dislike them on Facebook? It seems they dislike the KL...

Reactions: zzjdzz

·
Registered
700 Posts
I want a dislike button on facebook so bad

·
Premium Member
5,294 Posts
Here is their response....Don't hold you breath for any KL parts out of POISON SPYDER:

"We currently do not have any plans to build parts for the KL. Our research and development team is consumed with new products for the JK and updating parts for the CJ,YJ,TJ & LJ. Not to say it will never happen. It’s Just not on the drawing board anytime soon. For new products and vehicle build updates. Please keep an eye on us at www.poisonspyder.com and be sure to LIKEus on Facebook for all our new product updates. If you have any additional questions or concerns. Please let me know. Below I have provided my direct contact information."
Nothing like a forward looking company!:surprise:

·
Registered
700 Posts
I won't like them on FB because I dont own a vehicle for which they develop parts lol. At least they were polite, quick to respond, and forthcoming.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I cant believe nobody but RRO make rockrails or other offroad goodies. Want rock rails or nerf type bars bad but dislike RRO design and mounting procedures.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
I cant believe nobody but RRO make rockrails or other offroad goodies. Want rock rails or nerf type bars bad but dislike RRO design and mounting procedures.
What's wrong with the mounting procedures seems on par to me...same as Mopar rails.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We have added the 2014 Cherokee to the Vehicle Selector :)

http://www.quadratec.com/

As our manufacturers offer more KL parts we will add them to the website.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Quadratec lists KL accessories

Went to the Quadratec web site today and they finally have a KL listing.
I have beating up on them at every Jeep show and their tent sale. Finaaaaly.
They have a Magnaflow CAT back exhaust that looks promising.
So far they have no reviews. I have asked for more product information.
The Magnaflow is really expensive but I would expect it to be high quality.
You still have to install it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts