2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
2020 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I was wondering if anyone knew of a good performance exhaust for my 2020 jeep Cherokee trailhawk 3.2L. I was looking at the FLOWMASTER FLOWFX CAT-BACK EXHAUST SYSTEM PART # 717810
Any suggestions?

Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
I like the Gibson axle back system. You're not going to gain much performance with any currently available system, but getting rid of the butt ugly "Bathroom Garbage Can" of a muffler is a huge improvement in the looks department...馃槑
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Bicycle part Nickel Auto part Metal Fashion accessory

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like the Gibson axle back system. You're not going to gain much performance with any currently available system, but getting rid of the butt ugly "Bathroom Garbage Can" of a muffler is a huge improvement in the looks department...馃槑
View attachment 221527 View attachment 221528
I was looking at Gibson and I watched a video on it and what it sounds like I mean it doesn鈥檛 sound that great but I have a 9inch cold air intake filter which would help with the performance and sound correct?

Registered
I was looking at Gibson and I watched a video on it and what it sounds like I mean it doesn鈥檛 sound that great but I have a 9inch cold air intake filter which would help with the performance and sound correct?
Performance increases would be so minimal with any bolt on mod on the Pentastar. Tunes give performance increases. 5-6 horsepower increase on a dyno would be barely noticeable, if at all. I'm more about the cosmetic improvement with an exhaust system. That big stock muffler of ours is literally the ugliest part of the entire car, and the only shiny part left on mine. You will also increase the departure angle pretty substantially. I don't want my 2.0T sounding like a "Tuner Rice Burner" either, but I do want to lose the bathroom garbage can...馃槑

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Performance increases would be so minimal with any bolt on mod on the Pentastar. Tunes give performance increases. 5-6 horsepower increase on a dyno would be barely noticeable, if at all. I'm more about the cosmetic improvement with an exhaust system. That big stock muffler of ours is literally the ugliest part of the entire car, and the only shiny part left on mine. You will also increase the departure angle pretty substantially. I don't want my 2.0T sounding like a "Tuner Rice Burner" either, but I do want to lose the bathroom garbage can...馃槑
So there鈥檚 nothing I can really do to improve performance a lot, I mean I don鈥檛 want a race car I just want more torque for off roading

Registered
So there鈥檚 nothing I can really do to improve performance a lot, I mean I don鈥檛 want a race car I just want more torque for off roading
You have plenty of horsepower and torque for anything you need to do with the 3.2 Pentastar. Like you said, it's not a race car. With anymore power than we have now, we'd be breaking other stuff way more than some already have...馃槈馃槑

Registered
Offroading is a learned skill, and one of those skills is making through the trail, and still make it home without breaking anything. Slow and precise is always better than ballz to the wall in any offroading situation...馃槑

Premium Member
Offroading is a learned skill, and one of those skills is making through the trail, and still make it home without breaking anything. Slow and precise is always better than ballz to the wall in any offroading situation...馃槑
Waiting on the CJ, YJ, TJ to all make it up. The YJ snapped his
front driveshaft. Everyone was taking forever, and it took me
twice. Once to back up a hair, then nail it again!
They were all locked, and loaded for bear. I had a 3" Old Man Emu
lift, open front and rear. :cool:

Reactions: Flybynightcru

Premium Member
My son put the Gibson on his TH. It tucks up much nicer,
but drones too much for me. He really likes it.

:cool:

Registered
My son put the Gibson on his TH. It tucks up much nicer,
but drones too much for me. He really likes it.

:cool:
That looks WAY BETTER than the "Bathroom Garbage Can", but mine will have to have the black tips...LOL!!!馃槈馃槑

Registered
2019 Cherokee Trailhawk. 2021 Cherokee latitude Freedom edition.
I've had the Gibson on my trailhawk around a year and a half now. I've noticed a little improvement in low-end torque. Sound is great but not as loud as when the Gibson was new. Looks really improved because I don't have a garbage can hanging under the back anymore. It won't improve fuel mileage or give you a lot more power but cosmetics and ground clearance it did help.

Premium Member
In the looks department, 100% The drone is too much at cruising/
highway speeds. He's 18 and says he doesn't even notice it anymore.
I'm 50, and it would drive me nuts on the way to the mountains or
beach.. :cool:

Registered
In the looks department, 100% The drone is too much at cruising/
highway speeds. He's 18 and says he doesn't even notice it anymore.
I'm 50, and it would drive me nuts on the way to the mountains or
beach.. :cool:
Interesting. He didn't change out the stock resonator, did he???馃槑

1 - 20 of 22 Posts