2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I noticed on the jeep italy website that they have paddle shifters. Unfortunately I cannot find any more information or part numbers to know if it is possible. See this picture:

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
The Chrysler 200 (UF platform) has them and the 200 is almost identical to the Cherokee, You can add them and activate them with AlfaOBD
For the 2019s you would have to bypass the security module, so I want to see if I can get this to work before I buy the paddles. If you take off the little covers on the back of the wheel, you can press the contact button that the paddle would push...

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For the 2019s you would have to bypass the security module, so I want to see if I can get this to work before I buy the paddles. If you take off the little covers on the back of the wheel, you can press the contact button that the paddle would push...
I have bought a bypass cable, and once it comes in and I install it (and make sure it works), I was going to buy the paddle version to test.

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also found this video online for the Australian trailhawk that clearly shows paddle shifters. And here is another link for the trailhawk out of Germany with paddle shifters.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Some Canadian models offer/offered it too. Too bad the option isn’t available in the US.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Odd, since I watched a Canadian video review with paddles. But whatever dude.

·
Premium Member
3,042 Posts
Weird since i've been in a bunch of different KL's from every year and not a single one of them has paddle shifters nor is it an option listed anywhere in the manual. Find me a Canadian Listing for a KL for sale with the paddles. The Chrysler 200 (based on the KL platform) has them but not the Cherokee in the North America Market

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just purchased the paddle shifters (they come on the euro spec cherokee). They seem to be hard to find and the wholesaler said they needed to special order. I probably won't have them for a few weeks. Cost me $100. I hope they are plug and play. If not I can attempt to enable the feature in the BCM and see if that does anything.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
The Chrysler 200 (UF platform) has them and the 200 is almost identical to the Cherokee, You can add them and activate them with AlfaOBD
Well, I have learned that adding paddle shifters are definitely NOT doable. I installed them and tested and they didn't do anything. So I got out alfaobd and enabled the paddle shifter in the bcm. Then after restarting the vehicle my dash lit up like a christmas tree. I tried a proxy align, didn't fix it. I tried disabling the paddle shift, didn't fix it. Looks like I royally messed up my cars computer so a trip to the dealer is in order. Hopefully this doesn't cost me thousands of dollars to repair.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts