2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

My girlfriend and I recently brought home a 2021 Trailhawk and we would love to kit it out like we have been doing for my truck. We want to see decals, light set ups, roof rack systems, and even a mounted ladder if you have em!

What cross rails do you all recommend? We have a kayak we carry in the summer

We have talked about getting the hood vinyl replaced with a matte red to match the tow hooks, has anyone done anything similar?

Please show us pictures and some info on your rides, I know where/ how to find stuff for my truck but finding things for her jeep has got me stumped!

Thank you!

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Snow

Wheel Tire Snow Vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Cloud Automotive parking light Sky

EDIT: added some pictures of our rides

Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
Welcome from Utah!!! Check out the Showcase section. Lots of pictures of people's Cherokees on there. As for crossbars, most of us would recommend the Mopar Thule set available from the dealer for around $300. Same set you'll pay much more for anywhere else...馃槑

Registered
Olive Green 2020 Cherokee Trailhawk
Hey all!

My girlfriend and I recently brought home a 2021 Trailhawk and we would love to kit it out like we have been doing for my truck. We want to see decals, light set ups, roof rack systems, and even a mounted ladder if you have em!

What cross rails do you all recommend? We have a kayak we carry in the summer

We have talked about getting the hood vinyl replaced with a matte red to match the tow hooks, has anyone done anything similar?

Please show us pictures and some info on your rides, I know where/ how to find stuff for my truck but finding things for her jeep has got me stumped!

Thank you!

View attachment 217901
View attachment 217900
View attachment 217899

EDIT: added some pictures of our rides
I use crossbars from Harbor Freight that look similar to what is on the GMC. I like having a little hanging over the side as I plan on getting a fold out awning to mount there.

I'm not sure about your area, but I installed some ditch lights to watch for deer on backroads at night. They light up their eyes well, and helped me quite a bit.

As for the hood vinyl, its there more for function than just aesthetics. The matte black helps with the sunlight reflection on sunny days.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I use crossbars from Harbor Freight that look similar to what is on the GMC. I like having a little hanging over the side as I plan on getting a fold out awning to mount there.

I'm not sure about your area, but I installed some ditch lights to watch for deer on backroads at night. They light up their eyes well, and helped me quite a bit.

As for the hood vinyl, its there more for function than just aesthetics. The matte black helps with the sunlight reflection on sunny days.
We definitely thought about taking the Thule route (what I have) they are pricey but we know they are dependable. The overhang is a nice bonus, I'll look into what Harbor Freight has to offer, thanks!

I would like to put ditch lights on both vehicles for exactly that purpose, can you post a picture of how/where you mounted yours?

Yeah we thought it was really cool that the vinyl is for reducing glare, also why we figured if we do replace it we'll get a matte finish.

Thanks for the ideas!

Registered
Olive Green 2020 Cherokee Trailhawk
We definitely thought about taking the Thule route (what I have) they are pricey but we know they are dependable. The overhang is a nice bonus, I'll look into what Harbor Freight has to offer, thanks!

I would like to put ditch lights on both vehicles for exactly that purpose, can you post a picture of how/where you mounted yours?

Yeah we thought it was really cool that the vinyl is for reducing glare, also why we figured if we do replace it we'll get a matte finish.

Thanks for the ideas!
This should give you a solid idea on how the ditch lights are and how the Harbor Freight roof rack looks. The ditch lights are Roadshock flood lights, Hazard Sky ditch light mounts, and I use Trigger 4 plus wireless lightning controller
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Tire Vehicle registration plate

Wheel Tire Sky Car Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle

Premium Member
Crossbars, I went a used set of Rhino Racks. Tough as nails, and a lot of add ons
for skis, kyaks, etc.

Reactions: bigdragon123

Registered
2016 Cherokee Trailhawk
I went with the BougeRV cross bars and roof rack on mine. The fit is great and I have not noticed any wind noise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts