2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

121 - 136 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
I know I'm new but this is one of the top mods on my list.
Has anybody actually used theirs?
Hi @Lumber, welcome to JCC!

I've heard from a couple guys who have used them. (But that's my claim as the seller, lol).

I'm not sure if @IRSmart has used his. Also @rski.

There's another guy who has them and has used them several times but he's not here on the forum and I don't see him in any of the FB groups I frequent.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I’ve used mine to pull a tree off the road but that’s about it. The only other recoveries I’ve had to do I was able to do from the rear using my hitch shackle. But this summer I came upon a downed tree on a back road that was too big to move by hand, so I turned on my flood lights, hooked up my strap to the tree and to my hooks (which I trust FAR more than my RRO bumper) and pulled it off the road. I was all excited when I got home to tell my wife I did a redneck thing :laugh:

·
Registered
84 Posts
I am thinking about these for my 2018 cherokee, trying to decide between Black or Red, my car color is the crystal granite clear coat, anyone installed on this color or have opinion as to which would look better.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
I am thinking about these for my 2018 cherokee, trying to decide between Black or Red, my car color is the crystal granite clear coat, anyone installed on this color or have opinion as to which would look better.[/quote @BeekeeperDave Hi!

Just in case this may influence your decision, the hooks come from my supplier in black powder coat. If you requested a custom color, I would spray paint that over top of the black. (I don't have a source for powder coated custom colors at the moment.) So there is a good possibility that the red coating would be worn off if you actually use the hooks.

From a purely cosmetic standpoint, the red would definitely stand out and make a statement; the black are more subtle. I've attached pics of the red and black hooks, sorry though I I don't have any of them on a granite!

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Reactions: IRSmart

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Absolutely, that was my setup on my jeep.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just a question - is the clean black trim around the cut-out for the hooks just the trim that is already around the honeycomb grill? That looks incredible.

I'm considering these, even though I don't have a real need for them right now...

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Just a question - is the clean black trim around the cut-out for the hooks just the trim that is already around the honeycomb grill? That looks incredible.

I'm considering these, even though I don't have a real need for them right now...
Yes, all that is required for install is to trim the honeycomb out of the existing grille fascia.

Reactions: Jeepster1

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tow hooks

I've been reading all the posts on the "sale" of Non TH hooks, and now fear that these are for a Cherokee not a Renegade, can you verify?

·
Registered
511 Posts
I've been reading all the posts on the "sale" of Non TH hooks, and now fear that these are for a Cherokee not a Renegade, can you verify?
This is a Cherokee KL forum so the info here is for that platform. Suggest researching the Renegade forum.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
Sorry I missed your message, I've been out of town. These are designed for the KL Cherokee, not the Renegade. I haven't really looked into options for the Renegade

121 - 136 of 136 Posts