2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

101 - 120 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Question - Will these brackets and hooks fit inside a USPS Large Flat Rate Box, 12" x 12" x 5-1/2". That will help save on shipping to Hawaii. That is if you are willing to ship it through USPS.
@MKR_DmD

I've checked the flat rate boxes, and unfortunately they won't fit. The smallest dimension on the brackets is over 6". I'd love to be able to use them for shipping outside of the Continental US; they just need to make a bigger box!

Just for fun, pm me your postal code and I'll see what shipping would be for you. Or, perhaps you know someone on the mainland that could hold them, or get them to you?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Alright, spring is here and Mod Season is beginning again! I've had a few orders come in so I've got those put in with the shop.

I've requested a couple extra bracket sets to be fabricated so depending on how things go, in a few weeks I may have a couple sets sitting here, ready to go!

If anyone is interested in ordering a set, pm me, or email me at [email protected]

Pricing is still set at
$215 + shipping for a painted set
$295 + shipping for powder coated.

Normal turnaround time from payment is 3-5 weeks. (Add up to two weeks for powder coating).

Reactions: RhinosGoMoo

·
Registered
376 Posts
Cannot wait, so I can go play on the sandy beaches.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
@Alxndr glad to see you got them and we're able to get them installed!

I think you're the first person to have these in Europe!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Got some stock in so I can have a few kits ready to meet orders!
@MKR_DmD and @rski yours are now in my hands and in progress, so they should ship within a couple weeks!

·
Registered
719 Posts
Got some stock in so I can have a few kits ready to meet orders!
@MKR_DmD and @rski yours are now in my hands and in progress, so they should ship within a couple weeks!

slap the hooks on them and ship them to me, ill paint them.. you just teased me now I have to have them..lol..

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
slap the hooks on them and ship them to me, ill paint them.. you just teased me now I have to have them..lol..
Have them powder coated. You don't want a piece of equipment this important failing right when you need it due to rust.

·
Registered
106 Posts
So, how about finding a way to use the hook attached to the base plate Blue Ox sells. Instead of the ugly black plugs, they'd be replaced by beautiful hooks on the hundreds, if not thousands of KL's towed behind RV's, already having installed the brackets from Blue Ox, super reinforced from them to take the full weight of the Jeep in tow. Their brackets are also gusseted and also attach to the lower 2 bumper bolts on each side. When towing, user removes your hooks and installs the receivers for the tow bar. When not being towed, the hooks would be in place. There are 3 YouTube videos showing the Blue Ox installation in 2014 and 2015 keeps that if you watch any of you'll have a better understanding of my idea. Would need collaboration from Blue Ox for the part the hook would attach to in order to replace theirs or engineer your own. Bet there would be a boatload of potential buyers, me being the first one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
106 Posts
Also, how were you able to make such a clean cut on the opening in photo 2 many, many posts ago? Did you cut it out with the fascia mounted or after you took it off? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Also, how were you able to make such a clean cut on the opening in photo 2 many, many posts ago? Did you cut it out with the fascia mounted or after you took it off? Thanks!

I took the fascia off and used a Dremel tool and file. Looks a lot cleaner in the picture then it actually is.

As far as the blue ox system goes, my design works off a similar principle as theirs. I realized that they were similar after designing the first set for myself. Luckily mine and theirs have completely different end-user purposes, so I don't think there's any patent infringement!

However, with that being said, theirs is not designed for the purpose to fit a hook. I have seen people use their system as a recovery point, but have not gotten a close look at it.

My brackets on the other hand were set up especially for a hook. It is not intended for the flat tow system. So I don't know if the measurements are compatible on theirs to attach a hook and have it in the right place.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
FYI, I've currently got two sets just about ready for shipping, if anyone is interested. Pricing is still $215 + shipping for painted kit; $295 + shipping for powder coated!

Turnaround on these kits will probably be about 1-2 weeks from payment.

PM me if interested! Include your postal code please!

·
Registered
376 Posts
I was taking a pic of my new license plate and the tow hooks are in it, so I guess I will post it here.

Attachments

Reactions: tbrou6229

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
Will these work on a '14 Cherokee Sport AD1?[/quote @pegz

I don't see any reason why they wouldn't. They've been installed on Latitude, limited, 2.4L, 3.2L, even on a European model!

·
Registered
29 Posts
FYI, I've currently got two sets just about ready for shipping, if anyone is interested. Pricing is still $215 + shipping for painted kit; $295 + shipping for powder coated!

Turnaround on these kits will probably be about 1-2 weeks from payment.

PM me if interested! Include your postal code please!

My wife and I are interested in 2 kits for our 2016 Sport Altitude and Latitude.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
I really don’t have time to install this own my own. Would you be willing to do it for a fee?[/quote @Hollywood Depends where you are. I'm in Western NC. You can PM me if you'd like!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

101 - 120 of 136 Posts