2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
2014 Jeep GC AC making weird sounds like it’s on a ventilator or Darth Vader...
It’s still cooling fine and all AC controls working but this sound is driving me mad. Any ideas as to what this may be?
Thanks

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Welcome to the baby Cherokee club.
Maybe this is a GC specific issue and you may find more info on the GC forum.

Once on my Oldsmobile a paper label inside the air vent came loose and made a flapping noise.
Was able to pull the label out and the noise stopped.
I don't know what a ventilator or Darth Vader sound like so I am just guessing.
Maybe take it to a Jeep dealer for an AC check.

·
Registered
2015 Cherokee Trailhawk
873 Posts
On an A/C note, if you never want to have to service the AC unit in a vehicle, turn off the AC control 30 seconds prior to shutting down the engine. It allows the refrigerant to drain back and not remain in the lines, drying out the seals.

It works - we've done this with a '92 Blazer (had 8 years), 97 Contour (had 7 years), 2000 XJ Cherokee (had 15 years), 2007 Saturn Ion (had 13 years), 2015 KL Cherokee (have now for 5 years) and not one was ever serviced once. Coincidence is unlikely.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
On an A/C note, if you never want to have to service the AC unit in a vehicle, turn off the AC control 30 seconds prior to shutting down the engine. It allows the refrigerant to drain back and not remain in the lines, drying out the seals.

It works - we've done this with a '92 Blazer (had 8 years), 97 Contour (had 7 years), 2000 XJ Cherokee (had 15 years), 2007 Saturn Ion (had 13 years), 2015 KL Cherokee (have now for 5 years) and not one was ever serviced once. Coincidence is unlikely.
That makes no sense. Refrigerant has oil in it, it doesnt dry out seals, and how does the a/c off 30s early to "drain" any different than shutting the engine off.

however, it will help with mold growth in vents if you shut the A/C off and leave the blower on. a few mins before parking.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I OWN a Jeep Cherokee 2016 3.2 .. i call a AC garage For car and they Said its probably the evaporator or the expansion valve .. the symptoms is a breathing noise inside the car when AC is activate.

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
1,796 Posts
Auto or Manual A/C system???

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
1,796 Posts
If its blowing cold, perhaps the fresh/recirc door is not sealing properly, you might try cycling that. Don't think the Cherokee uses vacuum on the A/C system... :cool:

Reactions: Flybynightcru

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
5,500 Posts
If its blowing cold, perhaps the fresh/recirc door is not sealing properly, you might try cycling that. Don't think the Cherokee uses vacuum on the A/C system... :cool:
Control modules and motors, really complicated ones at that...LOL...😎

1 - 12 of 12 Posts