2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
swapped out the factory sub for a Pioneer 8 inch Shallow Mount

really increased the overall sound quality but definitely needs an amp. That will be the next mod for sure as well as sound dampening the sub enclosure

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Soooo not a direct replacement for the factory sub? How is the sound with just the factory amp? How do you have it wired?

I would like to replace the factory sub but really don't want to get into adding anything more then just that. I have done the 9 Kicker spkr replacement which greatly improved the detail in the sound and was hoping I could find a sub to do the same.....just drop it in and enjoy!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No it was a direct fit. You could by a 8' kicker sub that would fit as well you just need any shallow mount sub that has dual voice coils.

Overall the sound quality definitly increased but the volume did not. Just tighter bass notes. It needs more power with is why I will be installing an amp soon when I find a good place to mount it

·
Registered
146 Posts
Looks nice! Did you notice the volume has decreased at all? Or is it about the same? Like pfontainejr, I want to upgrade the speakers for better sound, but don't really want to do any kind of rewiring. I'm pretty happy with the loudness of the amplified setup. Unless there is a direct replacement for the factory amp that wouldn't require rewiring the car, which I highly doubt.

·
Registered
89 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone have the part number for the plastic trim piece for the sub that covers it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
what piece are you talking about?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that spot under the passenger seat looks like a good spot for an amp?
I put mine to the right of the sub enclosure by the external air vent

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.