2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Cherokee Trailhawk
151 Posts
Yeah my dealer immediately said my entire warranty would be void if I installed anything not made by jeep and installed at a jeep dealer. There's some shady practices out there.
Some dealer employees will say this because they don’t know any better. You can ask to speak to a Service Manager or GM if needed… as mentioned previously, aftermarket parts would only void the warranty for a specific part and only if it caused the failure. A good example is an aftermarket lift causing CV failure… they could deny that warranty claim with good cause as the more extreme angle stresses the CVs more. If you run a tune that increases the boost on a turbo motor and you snap a rod, they can deny that repair.

Denying warranty replacement of a bad wheel bearing, transmission, or AC control unit because you have a K&N CAI installed… that’s illegal and if the GM will not be reasonable then contact corporate and reference the Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act. There are relevant government agencies to get involved or small claims court as a last resort depending on the cost of the repair involved…

·
Registered
2016 high altitude
120 Posts
Riddle me this. 3" MFC Lift and 32" tires. Why is this Cherokee so much taller?

Don't say because it's a TH because if you aren't ADII then you would be 1" less to start with, so again as everyone has already asked, what is your 4" lift
Is it normal to be aroused by a picture like this? Drool…..lift envy.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts