2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Registered
2019 Jeep Cherokee Latitude plus
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I have a 2019 Cherokee that has several modifications to it. I have not seen any like mine yet and was hoping this was the place to toss around ideas. My jeep has a 4" lift with 265/70/17 Falken tires making her sit about 7.5 inches overall above stock. I've taken her on many trails but the longest was the Washington section of the BDR, it was awesome! I have the Rola roof basket with the extension, the Nomad OVS 270 awning, and standard light bar. I have had several different tires on this car including the BFG KO2's. Falkens are by far and exceedingly my favorite, I don't know that I'd go with anything else. I absolutely hated the BFG's, they were awful in the rain and I never felt stable on them.

Are there any other new Cherokees out there like mine?? Im looking for more projects!
Tire Cloud Wheel Car Sky
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car
Cloud Mountain Sky Tire Vehicle
Tire Cloud Wheel Sky Vehicle

Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
Hi everyone! I have a 2019 Cherokee that has several modifications to it. I have not seen any like mine yet and was hoping this was the place to toss around ideas. My jeep has a 4" lift with 265/70/17 Falken tires making her sit about 7.5 inches overall above stock. I've taken her on many trails but the longest was the Washington section of the BDR, it was awesome! I have the Rola roof basket with the extension, the Nomad OVS 270 awning, and standard light bar. I have had several different tires on this car including the BFG KO2's. Falkens are by far and exceedingly my favorite, I don't know that I'd go with anything else. I absolutely hated the BFG's, they were awful in the rain and I never felt stable on them.

Are there any other new Cherokees out there like mine?? Im looking for more projects! View attachment 215812 View attachment 215813 View attachment 215814 View attachment 215815
Welcome from Utah!!! Please explain your 4" lift and mods in more detail. Do share!!!馃槑

Registered
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 4X4 V6
"Are there any other new Cherokees out there like mine?? Im looking for more projects!"

Nope not mine yet but dang sure's about to be. Looks amazing!

Question. What kept you from getting a snorkel and did your lift mod effect your MPG?

Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
How did you calculate 7.5"?
That's what I want to know. Though, it's not a Trailhawk, it only looks like maybe an inch or so taller than mine...馃槑

Premium Member
There is no 4" lift prove it. you don't have 7.5" of lift. if you started with a TH you have 8.7" of ground clearance, meaning you would then have 16.3" of clearance......where do I even begin

Why have I see cherokees with the MFC 3" lift that have much higher ground clearance than yours?

Registered
So I like what you did, but there's a lot of "fuzzy math" going on.

1. 4" of lift is very rare, and those who did it have tons of issues. According to most posts in this forum, 2" is the max "safe" lift, with 3" being the most without getting into a lot of binding issues. So, as @Tyler-98-W58 said, prove it.
2. Since yours doesn't look to be a Trailhawk, you are at best 3" over TH standard lift. The TH has about 1" from lift and 1" from tires.
3. 265/70/17 tires have a nominal height of 31 5/8 inches. Stock Trailhawk 245/65/17 are 29 9/16. So you have 1" more lift from the tires over a Trailhawk (half above the centerline and half below). You have at best 2" of tire lift over stock since the TH adds about 1" from tires, depending on what is being compared. At the very best, there's about 2" of additional ground clearance from the tires over a non-Traillhawk model.
4. 265/70/17 would require some fairly significant trimming. Please show some pictures of how that was done.
5. Frankly, the angles of the pictures you posted just don't support 7.5" of lift.

Not trying to be a hater, but there are many, many threads on this forum looking for that holy grail of lift and tire size. Yours seems to be an exception to the rule. Congratulations if you truly accomplished that feat.

But, as a wise person once said - "Show detailed pictures or it didn't happen!"

Registered
I agree. This person didn't calculate the lift properly. But it does look nice. And 265/70/17 will fit just fine assuming you do a pinch weld mod and some fender liner mods.

Premium Member
Riddle me this. 3" MFC Lift and 32" tires. Why is this Cherokee so much taller?

Don't say because it's a TH because if you aren't ADII then you would be 1" less to start with, so again as everyone has already asked, what is your 4" lift

Registered
2021 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4x4
That 3rd pic OP posted looks pretty nice. Almost pro quality.

Registered
Something weird going on here... No doubt.

Registered
2020 Trailhawk 2.0T Diamond Black
very beefy non-trailhawk. looks cool, but I am also very skeptical about that 7.5" lift. I'm pretty sure my stock trailhawk could give it a run for it's money... and I've got armor

Registered

Are there any other new Cherokees out there like mine?? Im looking for more projects! View attachment 215812 View attachment 215813 View attachment 215814 View attachment 215815
Do I you have step stool to get in?馃ぃ
Seriously though, I鈥檓 only telling you what my mechanic once told me and that with most modification kits you void the vehicle鈥檚 warranty. Don鈥檛 shoot the messenger as I鈥檓 only repeating what he told me.

Registered
I've learned (from this forum I think) that what they say is not exactly true. The Magnuson-Moss Act (info here) protects consumers- essentially - to deny a warranty claim due to an aftermarket product, the dealer has to be able to prove that the aftermarket piece directly caused the breakdown.

Premium Member
Well CV axles are under more stress with a lift. You have a lift and a CV axle fails pretty easy to say that the lift caused the issue. Warranty claims also vary based on the dealership, some are mod friendly, others are not.

Registered
I've learned (from this forum I think) that what they say is not exactly true. The Magnuson-Moss Act (info here) protects consumers- essentially - to deny a warranty claim due to an aftermarket product, the dealer has to be able to prove that the aftermarket piece directly caused the breakdown.
Just so our Canadian friends don't feel left out, the Consumer Protection Acts in each province are the Canadian equivalent to the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.

But (there's always that "but"), it's up to the consumer to fight for it. The laws state the dealer must provide the proof, but some dealers just won't care what you tell them. Others go above and beyond.

I've been fortunate with a particular dealer in Phoenix. What others deny, this one fixes under warranty (when applicable). In fact, they have fixed things I didn't even know were broken for that same zero-dollars-to-me cost.

Reactions: Flybynightcru

Registered
Yeah my dealer immediately said my entire warranty would be void if I installed anything not made by jeep and installed at a jeep dealer. There's some shady practices out there.

Registered
@AZJeeper, just moved to Gilbert and really don鈥檛 have a clue where to go for service. Would you mind telling me which dealer you use? You can pm me if you want鈥.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Registered
@OhareFred, tried to PM (now Conversations) but it said I can't start a conversation with you. Maybe you are blackballed, I am blackballed, Conversations is broken, or ???

Anyway, I had luck with AutoNation Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram & FIAT North Phoenix. If we can get PM to work, I'll send details. I may have been just lucky, but I had more than one "above and beyond" experience with AutoNation.

But as they say in the financial world, "Past performance is no guarantee of future results."

Reactions: ArizonaFred
1 - 20 of 25 Posts