2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added the MFC and 265/65/17 Duratracs to my 2018 Trailhawk. For the most part I'm happy with the look but it still looks like a slightly wider stance would help.

I've been searching online and in the forums for any information on 3/4" wheel spacers. I've read enough to know they exist but I haven't been able to find any anywhere. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Also, if anyone has pics of the spacer/tire size combo, it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just an FYI, the mud on the tires make the wheels/tires appear wider than they really are. It this pic that made me think the spacers are needed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Why don't you go by the 1 inch spacers and have a machine mill them to the thickness you want. It can't be for lack of cash you just spent a lot. On a lift and new tires,I have a 2016 trailhawk stock aim in Jersey. Last year we had 18" of snow in snow mode no lockers on I had no problem. Were my son-in-law had a ram 250 lifted with monster meat on them. Guess who lost a day's pay because his truck couldn't go threw the snow. Not I said the happy camper.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
BORA will make you spacers/adapters at whatever thickness you want. I don't suggest cheaping out on spacers unless you want to risk your new tyres falling off. Too many horror stories of folks buying cheap on amazon or ebay and regretting it. That isn't to say you might not have success going that route as i'm sure the majority have no problems, but to me it would be a question of probability. I have yet to hear of a single instance where a BORA spacer has catastrophically failed where the issue was with the construction of the spacer and wasn't operator error for failing to trim existing lugs enough for the wheel to sit flush on the adapter. This shouldn't be an issue for us since we use lug bolts and BORA would provide you with the correct bolts to mount the spacer.

·
Registered
9,299 Posts
I'm not sure 3/4" adapter is doable, because of lug bolt head clearence (as mentionned by @mrsamsa ). If you are thinking about a 3/4" spacer (not adapter), then I'm not sure you'd find the proper lug bolts to secure wheel + spacer to hub : our lug bolts have 27-28mm shanks, so add a 3/4" thick spacer and you're looking at 46mm shanks. I don't think I've ever seen 12 X 1.25 X 46mm bolts out there. Searching just now, I found a 50mm shank bolt ($50 for 20 bolts) :
(I would look at having them shortened to 45-46mm shank though).

One member here did install 1" adapters, but had to purchase low profile lug bolts to secure adapter to hub :

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
@Mark_ I thought the issues with the 3/4" adapter was interference from the one torx screw holding the rotor in place? Shouldn't be an issue of that's removed I think. And I'm pretty sure there have been others here who have in the past or are currently running 3/4" adapters

·
Registered
9,299 Posts
@Mark_ I thought the issues with the 3/4" adapter was interference from the one torx screw holding the rotor in place? Shouldn't be an issue of that's removed I think. And I'm pretty sure there have been others here who have in the past or are currently running 3/4" adapters
That's very possible. So many threads/posts here to sift through, heh. It's just that when I read about the 1" adapters requiring low profile lug bolts, I thought... 3/4" adapters would not be possible, just spacers maybe. Yeah that rotor set screw can be removed, it is there only to prevent the rotor from rotating on the hub when the lug bolts are out.

·
Registered
9,299 Posts
Oh I remember now what the problem is with the set screw (I think, correct me if I'm wrong). There are 2 kinds of adapters (not spacers) : one with lug holes + studs, another with lug holes + threaded lug holes for lug bolts to secure wheel to adapter. The latter is where you'd have a problem with the set screw becauwe it would prevent one wheel lug bolt from being tightened correctly. With studded wheel adapters, you don't have this problem..

Edit. This is what I mean by threaded adapters (not sure they are very prevalent though) :

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, so I measured again and think 1" spacers would be fine. I looked for Bora or Spidertraxx but didn't have any luck. Does anyone know of a site selling Bora or Spidertraxx 5×110 1" spacers/adapters?

·
Registered
9,299 Posts
Just searched and found this one : https://www.motorsport-tech.com/4DCGI/updateprice_truck

^^ Go to the TRUCK/SUV menu up top, then choose either aluminum or steel, then scroll down and click Jeep, then choose the model : KL (2014-2020). Then choose the thickness you want. Aluminum 1" are $52.50 each, steel are $77.50 each if I'm looking correctly.

I'll see if I can find more places..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts