2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2017 jeep Cherokee trailhawk L plus 3.2 v6
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at getting a flow master super 10 for my Jeep Cherokee 3.2, does anybody know the inlet and outlet sizes for the pipes?

·
Premium Member
2014 V6 Trailhawk
186 Posts
I used part number 8425152 which was 2.5" in dual 2.25" out. My muffler guy had no issues putting it in.

·
Registered
129 Posts
:oops:Just wanna say thanks, now I'm thinking about upgrading muffler. I was happy with my stock when I came here. #badinfluence lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was looking at getting a flow master super 10 for my Jeep Cherokee 3.2, does anybody know the inlet and outlet sizes for the pipes?
I'm interested to know how you make out. Let me know how you like the sound when it is done. I would like to upgrade mine as well Thanks

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sorry if stupid question, are the exhaust pipes custom or is there a place to buy

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Sorry if stupid question, are the exhaust pipes custom or is there a place to buy
The only stupid question is the one not asked...There are a couple aftermarket "Catback" systems available, but a good exhaust shop can build you a much simpler, and better system for much less than the cost of one of those. I like to have EVERYTHING on my exhaust system welded together, not bolt on, and the aftermarket systems are all clamped together, and are subject to leaks and other various issues...😎

Reactions: Scorp

·
Registered
129 Posts
Everything gonna be welded on, looking at the pictures trying to figure out if the pipe from the muffler to the tips is a fabricated piece or off a shelf

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Everything gonna be welded on, looking at the pictures trying to figure out if the pipe from the muffler to the tips is a fabricated piece or off a shelf
Look at the Gibson Performance system. It's actually an "Axle Back". Build something similar, don't buy it...😎
M143847790.jpeg

Reactions: Scorp

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Look at the Gibson Performance system. It's actually an "Axle Back". Build something similar, don't buy it...😎 View attachment 213435

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thank you, me and my mechanic usually do all work, gonna go talk with muffler shop hopefully this weekend, gave a good quote

Reactions: Flybynightcru

·
Registered
261 Posts
To be honest my advice to people starting from stock - and looking for bit more aggressive and sporty note and volume - is to first up just try a glasspack 2.5 hotdog in place of the factory resonator up front with the factory muffler at the back - its cheap and easy and will likely be very satisfactory - will sound tough with decent but not obnoxious volume increase.

IF you mess with the rear muffler without doing anything with the factory resonator then you're going to end up with a very good note - different to and IMO slightly better than the glasspack with factory muffler in fact. Rear muffler replacement will ultimately be about increasing the volume to where you want it - from loudest being with complete rear muffler delete. Rear muffler you go with (WITH factory resonator in place up front) will have SOME effect on note but it's gonna be MAINLY about increasing volume by making it more open than the factory muffler - your note is mainly gonna be from that factory resonator.

Replacing the factory resonator with anything decently compact to fit there AND replacing the rear muffler will almost certainly end up being very LOUD - as well as shifting the nature of the note away from the nice burble the factory res gives and more toward tough ripping or rasping notes - kinda like a Lambo etc.

AS far as rear mufflers go, Vibrant 10633 muffler is same configuration as the factory rear muffler and seems to have a nice note from vids. Below is the 10633 on a 2.4 Chrysler 200 but gives some idea what it sounds like - ie. it's depth and note are impressive for a 4 - and I think that's without a resonator!

Ive actually got an Aerochamber 21721 on the rear of our TH (with S bend pipework to bring the inlet in from the end) and with the factory resonator it was absolutely lovely for note and volume - BUT - because I really want 2.5 inch right thru (and the factory res is 2 inch - probably that slight choke is WHY it gives such a good burbling note tho) - I've got a 2.5 straight thru 5" chambered barrel up front (which now has it sounding like a Lambo) but because that barrel hangs a bit more than I'm happy with, later this year I'm going to a 2.5 glasspack hotdog up front and re fitting the factory muffler - per my first advice above. If that's too quiet I'll then be grabbing one of those Vibrant 10633 mufflers.

Since putting the 2.5 x 5" Lukey 63 barrel up front the car does feel stronger at high revs - ie. when accelerating hard at speeds above 80kph it FEELS noticeably better than it used to. Dont know if its ACTUALLY better and dont care - because it FEELS better.

Here is a glasspack hotdog up front \/ - it's nice and compact and best option size wise to replace the factory res - it doesn't have the square front edge like a barrel - to get grabbed by rocks etc.

Here's a barrel up front \/

1 - 17 of 17 Posts