2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

Registered
馃憢 Members,
Can I run 265/65 R17 in my 2020 without trimming ? I was planning to get Nitto Ridge Grapplers MFC kit already ordered & on its way!
Pls suggest I am ok with stock spare, just for emergency case.. Pictures would be appreciated for reference on
Thanks
That鈥檚 only a 30.06 tall, but wide 255x 70x10 is 32.01 but a lot think. Keep in touch

Registered
馃憢 Members,
Can I run 265/65 R17 in my 2020 without trimming ? I was planning to get Nitto Ridge Grapplers MFC kit already ordered & on its way!
Pls suggest I am ok with stock spare, just for emergency case.. Pictures would be appreciated for reference on
Thanks
That鈥檚 only a 30.06 tall, but wide 255x7517 is taller but thinner ,pinch weld mod and moderate trimming was needed

Registered
Cherokee TH 2Litre Turbo
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I have a 21 TH, I am running 265/65 goodyear duratracs. I did have to trim the inside front lip of the front wheel well. That is all I had to trim and it was a very small amount. Basically the bottom edge of the front wheel well on the inside lip was all I had to trim. Took about half an inch off of the inside of the wheel well so it's not even visible from the outside. You have to put your head in the wheel well to see it. And for your spare I have a 245/70 duratrac. Circumference is close enough to work fine but because it's thinner it fits in the spare compartment. The trimming took me about 5 or 10 minutes with a dremel. It's just a little plastic that needs to be trimmed.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk
Could you pls share a picture of the spare ! How did you got 245/70 R-17 DuraTrac in spare. It鈥檚 hard to get in for sure. I have the same size but can鈥檛 get it in the compartment 馃

Registered
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk V6
Could you pls share a picture of the spare ! How did you got 245/70 R-17 DuraTrac in spare. It鈥檚 hard to get in for sure. I have the same size but can鈥檛 get it in the compartment
I keep it at about 10 psi and keep an air pump with me. I had to lower the psi to make it soft enough to slide in the compartment. It sits in there just like stock if you don't keep it inflated.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Puni

Registered
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
Here are the actual specs for the duratracs in both sizes. 255 is 1.5" taller and .7" narrower. You will need much more cutting with the 255/75, especially on the front bumper with a 19+. That being said, the cutting is really not that hard. If you have to do the pinch seam, I used a angle grinder with a cutoff wheel. Then for cutting the front bumper, I used a multi tool with a drywall bit. Then cleaned up the edge with a metal file. You could also use a razor bland, knife, or sand paper. Just depends on how big you want to go. I ended up with 265/70s on my 2019.

Rectangle Font Circle Symmetry Pattern

Rectangle Font Circle Parallel Pattern

41 - 48 of 48 Posts