2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
No it's not I have the tires currently on my vehicle and I did no trimming. We are talking Nitto right?
Thought you had 255/65's, and if I remember correctly, you did have some slight rubbing when they were new???馃馃槑

Registered
Cherokee TH 2Litre Turbo
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
The pictures you see there are at full lock of the steering. And that was brand new. Now that I have had them for two summers I don't get any rubbing anymore. I only run them in the summer. I have probably put about 10,000km on them so far. They aren't loud but I do notice the sound. I have not gone off road other than sand so far so I don't know about rubbing off road. I get about 20mpg city and 25mpg highway.
So i have gone through all the comments. I am about to use MfC 2 inch lift, I am kind of sure that 2 inch would help to get some space between the liners from both sides (front wheel well) and I am not even bothered about rear .. did you use the heat gun too for setting those liners or with time it鈥檚 just got settled ?

Registered
So i have gone through all the comments. I am about to use MfC 2 inch lift, I am kind of sure that 2 inch would help to get some space between the liners from both sides (front wheel well) and I am not even bothered about rear .. did you use the heat gun too for setting those liners or with time it鈥檚 just got settled ?
Did not touch liners at all. Once the tires wear in a bit any rubbing goes away. You could just do like me and spend 2+ years modding your vehicle before actually going off roading. Then the problem takes care of itself lol.

Reactions: Puni

Registered
Cherokee TH 2Litre Turbo
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
Did not touch liners at all. Once the tires wear in a bit any rubbing goes away. You could just do like me and spend 2+ years modding your vehicle before actually going off roading. Then the problem takes care of itself lol.
Lol .. anyhow your rig must be looking nice with those 30.5* ..You should post a pictures

Registered
Cherokee TH 2Litre Turbo
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I have been very happy with the duratracs. Not that loud at all. Maybe a bit more than stock. I have about 10k miles on mine and they still look like new. Even with some moderate wheeling with them.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk
Right so no rubs ? I believe duratac is lil smaller than Nitto did you had rub too at the first place later thread worn a lil and things went smooth ?

Registered
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk V6
Right so no rubs ? I believe duratac is lil smaller than Nitto did you had rub too at the first place later thread worn a lil and things went smooth ?
Well I trimmed mine. That's the pic I posted earlier. It seems 99.9% of people with a 19+ have to do at least some trimming to fit 265/65. After the minimal trimming I did I have only slight grazing here and there when off road. On road I have not noticed anything worth mentioning.

Registered
Lol .. anyhow your rig must be looking nice with those 32s ..You should post a pictures
30.5" you mean. 265/65/17 is 30.5". 32s requires mods.

Registered
Are they good in snow ?
People online say they are fine in the snow, but they are not snow rated. I don't use them in the snow I have a set of Michelin X-ice 2.

Registered
Are they good in snow ?
The toyos are mountain snowflake rated. Then went ok the other day in a mini blizzard but I run blizzaks once we get into real winter. I got the toyos in aug/21 so limited winter experience here.

Sqenixs doesnt run toyos. which I assume you were asking about since you asked @Flybynightcru

Registered

Registered
I'm not sure where in Canada you're located, but I'm in Utah, and we do get our fair share of snow, but we don't have the extreme cold temperatures that you guys have, where a great dedicated winter tire is far superior to any A/T, but as far as a great, all around, non dedicated winter, they're an exceptional, rugged, and reliable tire choice...馃槑

Registered
I was talking about Nittos.

Registered
馃憢 Members,
Can I run 265/65 R17 in my 2020 without trimming ? I was planning to get Nitto Ridge Grapplers MFC kit already ordered & on its way!
Pls suggest I am ok with stock spare, just for emergency case.. Pictures would be appreciated for reference
Thanks
I have a 2020 TH, if you can run 265s let me know how you did it. I鈥檓 running 245s 32.01 Goodyear鈥檚 and I have a Mfc lift and moderate trimming +, and my spare isn鈥檛 even close to fitting in it鈥檚 spot! I bought a Cherokee spare tire carrier hitch type 250$ looks good though. Keep in touch. Happy Jeeping 馃槂

Registered
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk V6
I have a 2020 TH, if you can run 265s let me know how you did it. I鈥檓 running 245s 32.01 Goodyear鈥檚 and I have a Mfc lift and moderate trimming +, and my spare isn鈥檛 even close to fitting in it鈥檚 spot! I bought a Cherokee spare tire carrier hitch type 250$ looks good though. Keep in touch. Happy Jeeping
265/65 are a 30.5 inch tire. A lot of guys run them, including me. And a 245/70 will fit in the spare compartment. It's a 30.4 inch tire. Not sure what size you have though, but 32 is as big as we can go and that requires body cutting (pinch weld mod) and plastic trimming. There was one limited run, as in they only made a handful of them that comfortably fit 32s but it was seriously custom. It was called the Krawler. There was also the dakar concept. The green is the krawler and the silver is Dakar.

Registered
馃憢 Members,
Can I run 265/65 R17 in my 2020 without trimming ? I was planning to get Nitto Ridge Grapplers MFC kit already ordered & on its way!
Pls suggest I am ok with stock spare, just for emergency case.. Pictures would be appreciated for reference on
Thanks
That鈥檚 only a 30.06 tall
馃憢 Members,
Pls suggest I am ok with stock spare, just for emergency case.. Pictures would be appreciated for reference
Thanks
Thats only a 30.06 tall but rather wide! Let us know how you do it. Thanks

Registered
265/65 are a 30.5 inch tire. A lot of guys run them, including me. And a 245/70 will fit in the spare compartment. It's a 30.4 inch tire. Not sure what size you have though, but 32 is as big as we can go and that requires body cutting (pinch weld mod) and plastic trimming. There was one limited run, as in they only made a handful of them that comfortably fit 32s but it was seriously custom. It was called the Krawler. There was also the dakar concept. The green is the krawler and the silver is Dakar.

Wow, Nice!

21 - 40 of 48 Posts