2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

Registered
Cherokee TH 2Litre Turbo
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
馃憢 Members,
Can I run 265/65 R17 in my 2020 without trimming ? I was planning to get Nitto Ridge Grapplers MFC kit already ordered & on its way!
Pls suggest I am ok with stock spare, just for emergency case.. Pictures would be appreciated for reference
Thanks

Registered
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
Let me know how it goes, I plan to run either that setup, or 265/70s with same tire. On the 2019+, it might fit, or might need slight trimming. Just depends. I've seen on person say they ran those same tires on a 19 with no rubbing, but every jeep is slightly different.

Reactions: Puni

Registered
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk V6
I have a 21 TH, I am running 265/65 goodyear duratracs. I did have to trim the inside front lip of the front wheel well. That is all I had to trim and it was a very small amount. Basically the bottom edge of the front wheel well on the inside lip was all I had to trim. Took about half an inch off of the inside of the wheel well so it's not even visible from the outside. You have to put your head in the wheel well to see it. And for your spare I have a 245/70 duratrac. Circumference is close enough to work fine but because it's thinner it fits in the spare compartment. The trimming took me about 5 or 10 minutes with a dremel. It's just a little plastic that needs to be trimmed.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

Registered
Cherokee TH 2Litre Turbo
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a 21 TH, I am running 265/65 goodyear duratracs. I did have to trim the inside front lip of the front wheel well. That is all I had to trim and it was a very small amount. Basically the bottom edge of the front wheel well on the inside lip was all I had to trim. Took about half an inch off of the inside of the wheel well so it's not even visible from the outside. You have to put your head in the wheel well to see it. And for your spare I have a 245/70 duratrac. Circumference is close enough to work fine but because it's thinner it fits in the spare compartment. The trimming took me about 5 or 10 minutes with a dremel. It's just a little plastic that needs to be trimmed.

Are you running these tires with 2 inch lift kit ? Ohh yeah does this trimming of the plastic takes out the warranty ?

Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
馃憢 Members,
Can I run 265/65 R17 in my 2020 without trimming ? I was planning to get Nitto Ridge Grapplers MFC kit already ordered & on its way!
Pls suggest I am ok with stock spare, just for emergency case.. Pictures would be appreciated for reference
Thanks
That would be a negative. Pre 2019 yes, but because of the sharper front bumper angle, some minor trimming is required due to width, not height. 245/70's or 255/65's are your choices. I recommend the 245/70's...馃槑

Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
Also, advantage of the 245/70's, is the spare fits in the spare tire compartment, so buy 5...馃槑

Registered
Are you running these tires with 2 inch lift kit ? Ohh yeah does this trimming of the plastic takes out the warranty ?
Yes I have the two inch lift. And trimming plastic should not void any warranty. You can see in the pic where the line of the fender curves in. That's what I had to trim. I have to crank the wheel over just to make it visible. I trimmed the edge by half an inch and the bottom up by half an inch.

Registered
The cut isn't perfect because I let the dremel get away from me on accident but like I said it's not visible so I wasn't worried.

Registered
Cherokee TH 2Litre Turbo
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes I have the two inch lift. And trimming plastic should not void any warranty. You can see in the pic where the line of the fender curves in. That's what I had to trim. I have to crank the wheel over just to make it visible. I trimmed the edge by half an inch and the bottom up by half an inch.

Ohh yeah that鈥檚 all I wanted to see thanks brother ! Yeah you right it shouldn鈥檛 avoid any warranty for sure but you know #Jeeps dealers they kinda #U(k .. and duratac is loud ? I wanted to run Nitto ridge Grapplers not sure how would they perform ..

Registered
Cherokee TH 2Litre Turbo
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The cut isn't perfect because I let the dremel get away from me on accident but like I said it's not visible so I wasn't worried.

As far as there is no rub who cares about the cut ! But you did it :) 馃嵒 I think I am going to get the same size .. 馃檹

Registered
I have been very happy with the duratracs. Not that loud at all. Maybe a bit more than stock. I have about 10k miles on mine and they still look like new. Even with some moderate wheeling with them.

Registered
馃憢 Members,
Thanks
Yes you can. I have them. See here Checking the fit of 265/65/17 Nitto Ridge grapplers on a...

And the full size spare with nitto fits in the spare area if you air down all the way.

Registered
That would be a negative. Pre 2019 yes, but because of the sharper front bumper angle, some minor trimming is required due to width, not height. 245/70's or 255/65's are your choices. I recommend the 245/70's...馃槑
This is wrong. I run them with the 2 inch lift and it is ok. Very close fit, just the smallest amount of rubbing at full lock.

Registered
This is wrong. I run them with the 2 inch lift and it is ok. Very close fit, just the smallest amount of rubbing at full lock.
No this is correct. This debate has happened on several threads. There are a ton of user testimonials as well as pictures. The wheel wells are different between pre and post 19. Very slightly but the post 19 are more narrow. He was correct in what he said.

Registered
No this is correct. This debate has happened on several threads. There are a ton of user testimonials as well as pictures. The wheel wells are different between pre and post 19. Very slightly but the post 19 are more narrow. He was correct in what he said.

No it's not I have the tires currently on my vehicle and I did no trimming. We are talking Nitto right?

Registered
No it's not I have the tires currently on my vehicle and I did no trimming.
Well then you are very lucky and unique. The vast majority are not the same.

Registered
That鈥檚 kinda way to close to those liners ! Any rubbings during off road ? Hybrid tires are they loud on road ? How many KMs you have with them & what the thread life & MPGs you getting ?
The pictures you see there are at full lock of the steering. And that was brand new. Now that I have had them for two summers I don't get any rubbing anymore. I only run them in the summer. I have probably put about 10,000km on them so far. They aren't loud but I do notice the sound. I have not gone off road other than sand so far so I don't know about rubbing off road. I get about 20mpg city and 25mpg highway.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts