2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
1,796 Posts
This looks the exact same as the 2021. Except the selec-terrain button has a trailer on it?
Anyone see other differences?
Of course, they have the power-fold mirrors. and the rear fogs...

I don't see a trailer, looks like a ADI knob to me: at about 1m46s ( SELEC-TERRAIN / AUTO , SNOW , SPORT , SAND/MUD )
Unless in the fast pan, the 'SELEC-TERRAIN' may have looked like a trailer...

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4x4
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Of course, they have the power-fold mirrors. and the rear fogs...

I don't see a trailer, looks like a ADI knob to me: at about 1m46s ( SELEC-TERRAIN / AUTO , SNOW , SPORT , SAND/MUD )
Unless in the past pan, the 'SELEC-TERRAIN' may have looked like a trailer...
View attachment 215249
Sorry, I saw it in the second vid I posted (white KL) at 1:35. Has a pic on the button?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
In the 1st video, She may be saying "gran Cherokee", not "Grand Cherokee"; sounds the same but translates differently...

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Sorry, I saw it in the second vid I posted (white KL) at 1:35. Has a pic on the button?
Ahhh, Good Eye! But that's the 'Hill Descent', and it has an LED indicator just above... (edit) I haven't seen that on a Cherokee here in the States

Reactions: ironllama

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4x4
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I thought someone said there wasn't supposed to be a 2022 Cherokee, this would suggest otherwise
Interesting. Do you know if they were going to discontinue the name?
I had heard from someone at a dealership that FCA was just going to stick with the Compass

·
Registered
476 Posts
I thought someone said there wasn't supposed to be a 2022 Cherokee, this would suggest otherwise
Don't draw any conclusions from this video. It's completely messed up. The visuals show a Cherokee, but the narration is totally about the Grand Cherokee. All the features discussed are Grand Cherokee-specific. She even compares the 2022 Grand Cherokee to the 2021 Grand Cherokee L.

Some amateurs made this, not Jeep.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I think @MUEngineer08 dispelled this rumor in another thread, he saw 2022 planning for the Cherokee, and future 2024 for a KM:

I do now see a KM Cherokee reference on the planning documents. It isn’t specific as to trim levels or Powertrain availability but it’s there.

Since the planning documents are correct always, I will retract my statements about no KM.

However it is not a 2022 model as suggested at the beginning of the thread. Right now it looks like a 2024 model. That would make the KL a 10 year run which is more in line with past Jeep products.

Maybe the KM will address some of the NVH issues with the KL

·
Registered
289 Posts
I'm still confuse as to why Jeep has not announced a 2022 Cherokee. Especially the trailhawk models have strong competition with the Bronco sport. They updated the Wrangler to compete better with the Bronco so why is there no improved Cherokee Trailhawk?

·
Registered
11,162 Posts
The industry is in crisis over production, they're hardly putting any Cherokees together right now (no parts), so a delayed press blitz for certain 2022 models is to be expected, I think. They'll probably announce the 2022 KL when they can set production goals.

·
Registered
476 Posts
The industry is in crisis over production, they're hardly putting any Cherokees together right now (no parts), so a delayed press blitz for certain 2022 models is to be expected, I think. They'll probably announce the 2022 KL when they can set production goals.
No one outside Jeep knows how, or even whether, the 2022 Cherokee will differ from the 2021 Cherokee, so Jeep has maximum flexibility in managing the "launch" of the new model year. Since it's now July, the 2021 MY is basically done and dusted anyway. Whenever Cherokee production can ramp up to a reasonable level again, Jeep can simply call whatever's coming off the line the 2022 model, and none of us will be the wiser. Just update the Monroneys and send out the press release! Maybe promise a new color with availability a couple of months down the road.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I'm still confuse as to why Jeep has not announced a 2022 Cherokee. Especially the trailhawk models have strong competition with the Bronco sport. They updated the Wrangler to compete better with the Bronco so why is there no improved Cherokee Trailhawk?
Car and Driver had some harsh words for the Cherokee Trailhawk in a recent comparison, Tested: 2021 Ford Bronco Sport vs. Jeep Cherokee vs. Mazda CX-5, using the word "dated" three times in the article to describe the Jeep, which is allegedly "showing its age." (They also referred to the V6 as "sluggish" and "indolent"!) Granted, C&D can be picky and eccentric, but if a vehicle seems too old in general, not much can be done except to release a brand-new vehicle. Remember, this is only two years after the Cherokee's extensive 2019 midcycle refresh. So that wore off in a hurry, at least as far as C&D is concerned, but unfortunately both the 2022 and probably the 2023 Cherokee apparently will still be using the same "dated" platform that we now have. There's no quick fix in sight.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Car and Driver had some harsh words for the Cherokee Trailhawk in a recent comparison, Tested: 2021 Ford Bronco Sport vs. Jeep Cherokee vs. Mazda CX-5, using the word "dated" three times in the article to describe the Jeep, which is allegedly "showing its age." (They also referred to the V6 as "sluggish" and "indolent"!) Granted, C&D can be picky and eccentric, but if a vehicle seems too old in general, not much can be done except to release a brand-new vehicle. Remember, this is only two years after the Cherokee's extensive 2019 midcycle refresh. So that wore off in a hurry, at least as far as C&D is concerned, but unfortunately both the 2022 and probably the 2023 Cherokee apparently will still be using the same "dated" platform that we now have. There's no quick fix in sight.
The main problem is that the 2014/2015/2016 cherokees are old and i guess a number of people will replace them. If they don't see a roadmap of what is coming from Jeep many might jump to other brands as they are more exciting right now.
I'm thinking about switching to a 4Runner. The Bronco sport has overall good reviews and seems to be similarly capable as the Trailhawk so I'm thinking about that one as well. There big Bronco also looks interesting. Not sure if there is another "off road" focussed SUV but I'm certainly interested. I can imagine others are in a similar position and I'm not sure if Jeep can afford losing customers to other brands.
Yes, jeep should at least say what they plan, throw in a few more colors, updated electronics, maybe offer a small factory lift and tires that are an inch larger and wider to better compete in the "rugged off road" segment.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Yes, jeep should at least say what they plan, throw in a few more colors, updated electronics, maybe offer a small factory lift and tires that are an inch larger and wider to better compete in the "rugged off road" segment.
Different car companies seem to have different marketing philosophies about coming-product announcements. I think Jeep is a little too tight-lipped for its good. The public gets only the vaguest of news about vehicles in the pipeline until they're close to release. Tesla, on the other hand, seems to have adopted the "vaporware" strategy once beloved by software companies. Grab mindshare by grandly announcing and describing a product that isn't close to ready, in order to sow FUD (fear, uncertainty, and doubt) in anyone possibly considering a move to a competitor.

Granted, there are risks with both approaches. Say too little, and you might lose future sales (your buyers will jump ship). Say too much, and you might lose current sales (your buyers will wait).

Reactions: Mark_
1 - 20 of 71 Posts