2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new to this forum. I have a 2021 Cherokee the remote start doesn't turn on my A/C or HEAT function as described in the owners manual pages 22,23, and 55. Occasionally it will work on the second or third attempt as designed. The steering wheel and seat heaters always work with remote when cold but not the blower. This feature worked perfectly on my wife's Jeep every time if temperature conditions were met. I've had it back the dealer several times and called Jeep Cares but nobody has helped. I even gave them a copy of the pages of the manual. All I get from them is the run around. Hopefully someone has a similar problem and could direct me to a solution. At this all I have is a remote start the just starts the engine and doesn't heat or cool the cabin ( kinda useless).Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
2,467 Posts
What trim do you have? Do you have Auto Temp or Manual? Is the remote start from the factory, or dealer installed?

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
2,467 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What trim do you have? Do you have Auto Temp or Manual? Is the remote start from the factory, or dealer installed?
Latitude Plus trim. Manual climate. Factory remote. Funny thing is I can get the function to work intermittently if I start it, shut it down and restart it with the remote. So I know it has the potential to work as it's designed. That is when it wants to. Lol. My wife's Jeep works 100% with the same system. Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Latitude Plus trim. Manual climate. Factory remote. Funny thing is I can get the function to work intermittently if I start it, shut it down and restart it with the remote. So I know it has the potential to work as it's designed. That is when it wants to. Lol. My wife's Jeep works 100% with the same system. Thanks
Sorry forgot I have a KL
Also, do you have a Grand Cherokee?
I don't see anything on A/C or Heat on those pages in our KL Cherokee manual: P135616_21_KL_OM_EN_USC (windows.net)
Yes I have a KL 2.4 w/ 9spd

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi, new to this forum. I have a 2021 Cherokee the remote start doesn't turn on my A/C or HEAT function as described in the owners manual pages 22,23, and 55. Occasionally it will work on the second or third attempt as designed. The steering wheel and seat heaters always work with remote when cold but not the blower. This feature worked perfectly on my wife's Jeep every time if temperature conditions were met. I've had it back the dealer several times and called Jeep Cares but nobody has helped. I even gave them a copy of the pages of the manual. All I get from them is the run around. Hopefully someone has a similar problem and could direct me to a solution. At this all I have is a remote start the just starts the engine and doesn't heat or cool the cabin ( kinda useless).Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2014 trailhawk here n I got the same issue. It pisses me off so much I don’t even use remote start as I find it rather pointless if the ac is on like 2% blower speed until I press the start stop button to let the Jeep know I am “present” and inside the car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2014 trailhawk here n I got the same issue. It pisses me off so much I don’t even use remote start as I find it rather pointless if the ac is on like 2% blower speed until I press the start stop button to let the Jeep know I am “present” and inside the car.
I agree. My point exactly. Remote start is pointless without activating the HVAC when needed. My wife's Jeep worked every time. My car is under warranty and unfortunately the dealership and Jeep are about as useful as my remote. They pretend not to understand what's going on. Can't even get the Jeep case manager to respond to my calls anymore. Winter is coming guess I'll just freeze my A#$ off again.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yup… welp if you ever get this solved… please please do update this thread as I am subscribed to it….

My gut feeling is it has Somethjng to do with an improper uconnect software update or something.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts