2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
Doesn't appear to be "broken" just seems to be a poor choice of mounting.
Well if it's rattling, it's not right. I'm making them fix it, if it were mine doing that...馃槑

Registered
2020 cherokee trailhawk, 2020 compass trailhawk
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Well if it's rattling, it's not right. I'm making them fix it, if it were mine doing that...馃槑
Still not sure if it is even a rattle. Could be resonance in the exhaust. Believe me though, if it is a rattle they will be fixing it. Lol.

Registered
White 2020 Trailhawk, V6, tow pkg
I know this thread is a couple months old, but my 2020 is having crazy shift issues, kicks when shifting, especially from R to D, and sometimes when down shifting. I鈥檝e had it in the shop 3 times for a 鈥榮oftware update鈥, which I鈥檓 convinced means they park it in back for a day. Any thoughts on how to get them to fix it?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I know this thread is a couple months old, but my 2020 is having crazy shift issues, kicks when shifting, especially from R to D, and sometimes when down shifting. I鈥檝e had it in the shop 3 times for a 鈥榮oftware update鈥, which I鈥檓 convinced means they park it in back for a day. Any thoughts on how to get them to fix it?
The kick from reverse to drive is actually normal if you arent holding the brake firmly. Does it shift differently when you use sport mode? If it doesn't shift more aggressive when in sport mode compared to auto then you jave a valve body issue. How many miles?

Registered
The kick from reverse to drive is actually normal if you arent holding the brake firmly. Does it shift differently when you use sport mode? If it doesn't shift more aggressive when in sport mode compared to auto then you jave a valve body issue. How many miles?
It鈥檚 more of a delay then kick, and other weird intermittent shifting issues. I鈥檝e had a lot of cars, as I鈥檓 sure you have, and this one just doesn鈥檛 feel right. I鈥檒l definitely have them check the valve body. My worry is as soon as it goes out of warranty the tranny will crap out. I appreciate the advice, this is a great forum.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
It鈥檚 more of a delay then kick, and other weird intermittent shifting issues. I鈥檝e had a lot of cars, as I鈥檓 sure you have, and this one just doesn鈥檛 feel right. I鈥檒l definitely have them check the valve body. My worry is as soon as it goes out of warranty the tranny will crap out. I appreciate the advice, this is a great forum.
No problem. I have had alot of experience between mine and a few friends. The delay is normal going to drive. Its a totally different trans than anything else out there. Use tour autonstick in auto mode. It should be smooth and maybe even a little laggy. Put it in sport mode and use the autostick. It should be a firm almost hard shift. If you don't have a difference it is the throttle body. A relearn or replace of it would fix it.

Registered
No problem. I have had alot of experience between mine and a few friends. The delay is normal going to drive. Its a totally different trans than anything else out there. Use tour autonstick in auto mode. It should be smooth and maybe even a little laggy. Put it in sport mode and use the autostick. It should be a firm almost hard shift. If you don't have a difference it is the throttle body. A relearn or replace of it would fix it.
Good stuff, I鈥檒l test it out tomorrow. Thanks again!

Registered
2021 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4x4
My trans will sometimes shift hard going from 2nd to 1st when stopping.

When driving forward then stopping and putting it in Reverse, it will still go forward quite a bit before 'catching' and then it will go in reverse. I hate when it does this. I basically will move forward in reverse until it decides to reverse.

After sitting for a day, the 1st to 2nd shift can be hard.

This is all the stuff the dealer won't 'fix' if there is no code since all these issues are intermittent.

Registered
My trans will sometimes shift hard going from 2nd to 1st when stopping.

When driving forward then stopping and putting it in Reverse, it will still go forward quite a bit before 'catching' and then it will go in reverse. I hate when it does this. I basically will move forward in reverse until it decides to reverse.

After sitting for a day, the 1st to 2nd shift can be hard.

This is all the stuff the dealer won't 'fix' if there is no code since all these issues are intermittent.
If I have any luck at the dealer I鈥檒l come back and let you know

21 - 29 of 29 Posts