2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
It’s at the dealer. Let the dealer either 1: figure it out (that IS what they get paid for) or 2: buy the thing back. It’s 3 months old, I’d be all over the dealer and FCA like stink on a skunk. Every chance I got. I’ll be dammed if I’m going to troubleshoot the damm thing, or go from dealer to dealer to find one that knows what they are doing. That is NOT MY JOB...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
286 Posts
It’s at the dealer. Let the dealer either 1: figure it out (that IS what they get paid for) or 2: buy the thing back. It’s 3 months old, I’d be all over the dealer and FCA like stink on a skunk. Every chance I got. I’ll be dammed if I’m going to troubleshoot the damm thing, or go from dealer to dealer to find one that knows what they are doing. That is NOT MY JOB...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Problem with most mechanics at dealers they are young inexperienced and really don't troubleshoot. They follow a flow chart which any high school drop out can do. So if they run into a issue that the flow chart cant fix then they are throwing darts at a board and hoping it replacing something will fix it.

Yes i agree car is under warranty let them try to figure it out, but if it is something simple why waste the time going to the dealer, leaving the car with them, then hoping they find the issue. If anything he can go back to the dealer armed with info that could help get the issue fixed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Not sure about the CEL and the red light.Vehicle is at the dealer and they're closed for the holidays until Jan.4

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Dealer called this morning and said my Jeep was good to go.They told me that some of the relays were sticking in the cold so they changed a bunch with a different brand.Have to wait and see I guess.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Dealer called this morning and said my Jeep was good to go.They told me that some of the relays were sticking in the cold so they changed a bunch with a different brand.Have to wait and see I guess.
Thanks for the update and if you can, let us know what specific relays they replaced. Hopefully it does fix your issue!

Reactions: Flybynightcru

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gas tank is full I filled it last night,not overfull either I always tell them when it clicks off don't put anymore.Not sure if the cel was on,wife said there was a bunch of messages on the display.
I just bought a 2020 Cherokee about 2 months ago and have the exact same problem. I do not even have 1000 miles on it and it has been to the service department 6 times. They said it was a faulty battery and changed it yesterday but at -9 degrees this morning, it did the same thing. Remote start won't work, then when I start it it shuts off and won't start right back, but after a few tries it does, the check engine light comes on and different systems show that they need service on the info display. one being the electronic stability system that shut off and when it did my vehicle felt like a galloping horse and other times like I was pulling something very heavy.

·
Registered
9,761 Posts
I just bought a 2020 Cherokee about 2 months ago and have the exact same problem. I do not even have 1000 miles on it and it has been to the service department 6 times. They said it was a faulty battery and changed it yesterday but at -9 degrees this morning, it did the same thing. Remote start won't work, then when I start it it shuts off and won't start right back, but after a few tries it does, the check engine light comes on and different systems show that they need service on the info display. one being the electronic stability system that shut off and when it did my vehicle felt like a galloping horse and other times like I was pulling something very heavy.
Hi there and welcome to JCC :)

Sorry to hear about this...

Just to rule this out : can you check the battery connectors, to make sure they are on tight ? Try twisiting them by hand on the posts : if one or both move, they are loose and that could cause problems.

If the connectors are tight and the new battery is good (it should be, but we never know...), then you're possibly looking at a bad connection somewhere : a loose ground, or perhaps something deeper in the bus system...

Dealer has to take care of this. Hopefully they find the cause sooner than later...

Oh and -9F is nothing for these Cherokees. Mine remote starts (no block heater) at -20F.

Keep us posted !

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Check all battery connections, and grounds. Sounds totally voltage related...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
They didn't tell me which relay was causing the problem,only that they changed 7 of them with a Denso brand.There was another Cherokee brought in same day as mine with the same problem.I guess Jeep got a bad batch of Chinese relays.

·
Registered
9,761 Posts
They didn't tell me which relay was causing the problem,only that they changed 7 of them with a Denso brand.There was another Cherokee brought in same day as mine with the same problem.I guess Jeep got a bad batch of Chinese relays.
So, no more problems with yours ?

·
Registered
9,761 Posts
So far so good but it hasn't been cold here.
Good !

I really don't think outside temp is at play here.
Definitely a problem I had not seen on this forum. Hopefully it's a rare thing, but maybe... we'll see more. Would be interesting to know how the tech was able to t-shoot this, but that won't happen, haha.

Keep us posted !

·
FCA Customer Support Group
1,432 Posts
Is this concern still present, ezstreet? If so, send us a private message. We would be happy to look into this further with you.

Kate
Jeep Cares

21 - 33 of 33 Posts