2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IS anyone else having problems with their Uconnect System.

My SOS button only works on the screen only - not the mirror
My App remote commands only work after the engine is turned off - nothing over 15-20 minutes
The only notification I get is request received - nothing saying it was successful or that it failed
I have been on phone with Guardian numerous times and every time I talk to them, they have a different solution
It's been to the dealer and I'm told that FCA is aware of issue, and it needs an update but they have no timeline on when this update will happen.

When you spend 30K on a brand new vehicle and the functions don't work - it tends to tick a person off.

Can anyone tell me if you are having the same problem??

·
FCA Customer Support Group
1,392 Posts
IS anyone else having problems with their Uconnect System.

My SOS button only works on the screen only - not the mirror
My App remote commands only work after the engine is turned off - nothing over 15-20 minutes
The only notification I get is request received - nothing saying it was successful or that it failed
I have been on phone with Guardian numerous times and every time I talk to them, they have a different solution
It's been to the dealer and I'm told that FCA is aware of issue, and it needs an update but they have no timeline on when this update will happen.

When you spend 30K on a brand new vehicle and the functions don't work - it tends to tick a person off.

Can anyone tell me if you are having the same problem??
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
JeepCares

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
JeepCares
It was at the dealership yesterday and they tell me that "whomever" is aware of the problem and it needs a software update but they don't know when that will happen. Which is what makes me angry. This is what they told me about the SOS button not working.
When I asked about the other things with the remote commands, they told me they "assume" that the update will take care of that as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had an issue with my 2019 at first, but eventually Guardian did something that fixed.
Do you know what they did - I have been on phone numerous times and they don't seem to know what to do for me.
Let me ask this - when you use remote commands, do you get a notification anywhere besides the app in the top corner? And does it say more than request received?

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Do you know what they did - I have been on phone numerous times and they don't seem to know what to do for me.
Let me ask this - when you use remote commands, do you get a notification anywhere besides the app in the top corner? And does it say more than request received?
Sadly no. I eventually talked to the right person at "Uconnect Connected Services" and they reset something on their end.

When I use my phone to start my Jeep, I tap on the remote start button on the screen, wait until I see it says it's sending the command, then go back to my home screen and turn my screen off. Usually within 30-60 seconds I get a notification that my Jeep has started. I believe if I go back in to the app it will say it will say request received.

I have found that when I'm connected to the wifi at my office it never works I have to use LTE, but the wifi at my gym always works.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for getting back to me - I will just have to wait I guess until they figure out an update because right now, the only alert I get is request received and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
But you do get a notification that says it's started?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sadly no. I eventually talked to the right person at "Uconnect Connected Services" and they reset something on their end.

When I use my phone to start my Jeep, I tap on the remote start button on the screen, wait until I see it says it's sending the command, then go back to my home screen and turn my screen off. Usually within 30-60 seconds I get a notification that my Jeep has started. I believe if I go back in to the app it will say it will say request received.

I have found that when I'm connected to the wifi at my office it never works I have to use LTE, but the wifi at my gym always works.
Thanks so much for your reply. I guess I will have to wait for the update to come out on my software. It's pretty frustrating but what can I do.
One last question - when you say that after 30-60 seconds you get a notification that it has started. Where is that notification and IF for some reason it doesn't start, do you get one saying it failed?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Is your car under warranty? You didn’t say what year it is.

If your cars UConnect software is 18.xx.xx your up to date. Put your vin number in at the Uconnect site, it will tell you if there is an update. You can follow the instructions and update it yourself, just FOLLOW THEIR DIRECTIONS.

If your up to date, the problem is not software. I have an 18 and am having no issues using an IPhone 11 and the UConnect app.

I would try a couple things, take it back under warranty and talk to the service manager (politely explain your issues,yelling gets you no where), a different dealer or get JeepCares involved. No way would I live with it. If it’s a new car it should work. Used cars,different story....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is your car under warranty? You didn’t say what year it is.

If your cars UConnect software is 18.xx.xx your up to date. Put your vin number in at the Uconnect site, it will tell you if there is an update. You can follow the instructions and update it yourself, just FOLLOW THEIR DIRECTIONS.

If your up to date, the problem is not software. I have an 18 and am having no issues using an IPhone 11 and the UConnect app.

I would try a couple things, take it back under warranty and talk to the service manager (politely explain your issues,yelling gets you no where), a different dealer or get JeepCares involved. No way would I live with it. If it’s a new car it should work. Used cars,different story....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sorry about that. It's a 2020 and less than 2 weeks since I purchased it, and it's been to the dealer a couple times now. They tell me that the FCA is aware of the problem and there needs to be a "software update" but it isn't available yet and not sure when it will be. The whole reason I reached out to the "boards" is because I want to see if anyone else is having the same problem or if the dealer is not being honest with me.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Here is the issue I am having with my 2019 Jeep Uconnect 7. When I am connected to my Iphone XR, displaying my maps while navigating and listening to my music, the Uconnect is charging my phone...automatically. When my phone hits 100%, Uconnect automatically disconnects my phone, losing my maps and music. I can disconnect the phone and reconnect and Uconnect will not recognize the phone...even though the phone shows it is connected in the Settings menu. The only way I can get the Uconnect to reconnect to the phone is to stop the car, turn off the engine, restart the Jeep, then reconnect the phone. Then it works for about 45 minutes, the Uconnect disconnects the phone again.

I have already been to the stealership and they say it is a problem with my phone. However, I do not have these issues with my F150 using a Pioneer head unit OR my wife's 2012 Charger with the 8.4 Uconnect. No issues what so ever.

Frustrating for sure.

AK4wheeler

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here is the issue I am having with my 2019 Jeep Uconnect 7. When I am connected to my Iphone XR, displaying my maps while navigating and listening to my music, the Uconnect is charging my phone...automatically. When my phone hits 100%, Uconnect automatically disconnects my phone, losing my maps and music. I can disconnect the phone and reconnect and Uconnect will not recognize the phone...even though the phone shows it is connected in the Settings menu. The only way I can get the Uconnect to reconnect to the phone is to stop the car, turn off the engine, restart the Jeep, then reconnect the phone. Then it works for about 45 minutes, the Uconnect disconnects the phone again.

I have already been to the stealership and they say it is a problem with my phone. However, I do not have these issues with my F150 using a Pioneer head unit OR my wife's 2012 Charger with the 8.4 Uconnect. No issues what so ever.

Frustrating for sure.

AK4wheeler

Frustrating for sure.

AK4wheeler
That is very frustrating - I'm not having problems with the radio or bluetooth part. My problems are with the remote commands.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Thanks so much for your reply. I guess I will have to wait for the update to come out on my software. It's pretty frustrating but what can I do.
One last question - when you say that after 30-60 seconds you get a notification that it has started. Where is that notification and IF for some reason it doesn't start, do you get one saying it failed?
Here's what I do.

(I used the remote lock command, but the same thing happens for remote start)

Open the app:

Press the function that I want, in this case "Lock" and it does this:

At which point, I will press my home button, and then turn my screen off.

If it's going to work, I will get this notification within 60 seconds in my notification center/pull down on my phone. Not sure how Apple handles it however.:

If it doesn't work, I will also get a similar notification as above, but it says it failed, but it can take a few minutes.

Notice "No Data Cherokee" - that is a left over from a support call about 6 months ago when they had to reset something, and did that. It used to say "Jeep Cherokee" before that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks so much - so you don't get one more than request received? It doesn't say successful?
Because I get the request received but only in the APP itself, but it doesn't work.

My SOS button also doesn't work on the mirror - it only works on the screen.

I've been told from me dealer that the FCA is aware of the problem and are working on a fix. But no clue onto when it will be released.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Thanks so much - so you don't get one more than request received? It doesn't say successful?
Because I get the request received but only in the APP itself, but it doesn't work.

My SOS button also doesn't work on the mirror - it only works on the screen.

I've been told from me dealer that the FCA is aware of the problem and are working on a fix. But no clue onto when it will be released.
Correct. "Request received" is I guess the successful command. I've never seen it say "successful"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts