2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

2020 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Battery issues

13134 Views 139 Replies 23 Participants Last post by  Mark_
I purchased my Jeep brand new and had no issues until this week. My battery drained and unable to start. I had towed to dealership and they said the battery just needed a full charge. Granted it has been a very cold start to winter here in Ottawa ON but still I never expected my Jeep with less than 18000 km not to start. I was charged 98 dollars to charge the battery. This morning I went to start my jeep and again it won鈥檛 start. I am so frustrated I don鈥檛 know if I should just go and buy a brand new battery somewhere else or have it towed again to the dealership and ask them to find out what is going on with my jeep. I purchased extended warranty for seven years on this vehicle. Should this be happening to a less then two year old brand new jeep? Any advice would be appreciated. I鈥檓 feeling so frustrated and have lost all trust with the dealership 馃槺
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
1 - 3 of 140 Posts
Do you know if they load tested it. I would also have them do a parasitic draw test . I've seen some suv s batteries die and it turned out to be the rear wiper motor with an internal short. and demand your money back as it should be warrantied on a new car
Reactions: 2
I don鈥檛 know what they did all I know is I got a call from the service manager that said my battery was severely dead and they re-charged it and now I鈥檓 going to have to pay because it鈥檚 not covered under warranty

I am telling you they see that I am a woman and they see me coming a mile away that they鈥檙e going to screw me over that鈥檚 the way I feel sometimes with these dealerships

I will bring it up with him when I talk to him on Monday and will update here what he says. The thing is he is not even a mechanic he鈥檚 just a service manager. So so frustrated 馃槱
service writers ONLY care about making their bonus on sales just like the sales people. you ask for the head manager running the service center. you have a bumper to bumper warranty
Reactions: 4
Look to the right of the battery, there you will see a bolt or 2 with wires attached to it. check and make sure it is secured and not loose
Reactions: 1
1 - 3 of 140 Posts