2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,
On my conquest to fix this surround sound thing, various forum members have sent me pics of theirs working. Check out the screens....the ones that work have a different screen than the one(s) that don't work. From what they tell me, their build date is 4-18. Mine is 3-18. Anybody have any ideas or an explanation for the different screen looks?

Thanks,
Tom

Attachments

·
Registered
806 Posts
Different look how? All I see is a different theme on the middle one.

Reactions: dhh3 and UN4GTBL

·
Registered
90 Posts
You can change the theme in the settings which, depending on the theme, will change the icons, background, font, etc.

·
Registered
178 Posts
You can change the theme in the settings which, depending on the theme, will change the icons, background, font, etc.
Oddly, it appears that you can only chance the theme if you got the nav. At least I don't see any way to chance it in my non-nav 2019. Not a huge deal, but odd and a feature that I had on my non-nav 2015

·
Registered
806 Posts
Oddly, it appears that you can only chance the theme if you got the nav. At least I don't see any way to chance it in my non-nav 2019. Not a huge deal, but odd and a feature that I had on my non-nav 2015
You might not be looking hard enough.....additional confirmation anyone?
That would be a strange thing to take off the board without nav.

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Registered
178 Posts
You might not be looking hard enough.....additional confirmation anyone?
That would be a strange thing to take off the board without nav.
I agree. It makes no sense that it's not there. I've looked pretty hard several times but if anyone can point it out to me I'd be happy to be proven wrong. Of course it also makes no sense to me that I did not get the remote start option ability without the nav like I had on my last one but I don't have that either. So because of that stupidity on Chrysler's part this sort of didn't surprise me either.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I agree. It makes no sense that it's not there. I've looked pretty hard several times but if anyone can point it out to me I'd be happy to be proven wrong. Of course it also makes no sense to me that I did not get the remote start option ability without the nav like I had on my last one but I don't have that either. So because of that stupidity on Chrysler's part this sort of didn't surprise me either.
Go to Settings -> Display -> Theme

·
Registered
178 Posts
Go to Settings -> Display -> Theme
I don't have Theme. That's what makes no sense

Attachments

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Which theme number are you on? I don't have the theme you're using. My theme number is 13. In addition, there's proof some of these don't have surround sound available while others do. Something different for sure.

·
Registered
642 Posts
In the Owner's Manual, the "Set Theme - If Equipped" is only under the 4c section. So 3 and 4 don't have it, and 4c looks to MAYBE have it.

·
Registered
178 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
No kidding.

I guess that's how they will get people to buy the built in GPS, as Android Auto and CarPlay have become standard.
If anyone had actually given me a clue about that or tried to upsell me on the nav using this info it might have actually worked. Sadly dealer sales people are generally clueless with this sort of thing it seems. The Jeep website doesn't even have adequate info on the differences of what you get with the nav vs no nav to help out the informed consumer.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I see this as a positive. If you don't have the "C" you can't be hacked!

Just looking for a little lemonade :|

·
Registered
94 Posts
That's ridiculous that you can't change it if you don't have the Nav. It's crazy to me how everything is built in, just not accessible unless you pay extra. It reminds me of some modern videogames where there are levels or other things built into the completed/shipped game, but locked unless you pay extra.

·
Registered
178 Posts
That's ridiculous that you can't change it if you don't have the Nav. It's crazy to me how everything is built in, just not accessible unless you pay extra. It reminds me of some modern videogames where there are levels or other things built into the completed/shipped game, but locked unless you pay extra.
Yup. And again, they don't even use this info to upsell people. The sales people don't have a clue what options do what. And really? Because I didn't pay for the $800 nav don't get to switch my screen backgrounds? That's how you're going to play us? Not that backgrounds are really a big deal to me, just more just the point of it.

Reactions: XJ99 and UN4GTBL

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't have the nav, and thus no themes but I was able to change the icons from circles to hexs and such. I just don't recall how. I'll give it a peek when I get a few minutes.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Wait, the 2019 models allow you to have phone notifications pop on the EVIC? ****. I wonder if I can install the 4c on my ‘16.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't have the nav, and thus no themes but I was able to change the icons from circles to hexs and such. I just don't recall how. I'll give it a peek when I get a few minutes.
Sorry my reply is 2 years late, but if you could provide some detail as to how to change those icons, that would be stupendous. Those hex icons are bugging me. :) Thanks.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts