2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
You still don't have any time slips to post, and since you tried to block me from seeing your YT channel I find that quite hilarious, A vehicle that weighs a few 100lbs less than my trailhawk did running almost the same times, but having so much more power? Doesn't line up at all.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
unnamed (1).jpg
Long story short, no, you can't make the 2.0T much faster. I'm not complaining, I'm pretty impressed with how mine runs for a 4500lb, luxuriously capable SUV.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Back in the old SAAB 99/900 turbo days you could do something to the turbo waste gate to boost pressure.
Usually had to make other improvements so you didn't blow up the engine.
The Cherokee should have an inter-cooler, if not you could add one.
MOPAR 5281983AA. It's a combined intake air cooler, throttle body, and turbocharger cooler. It's water-cooled.

Reactions: Flybynightcru

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
It’s 9.2 now man, 9.25s consistently is probably the fastest I’ve heard of, it was 9.55. And low 14’s now. I’m content for now, piggyback garbage 🗑 didn’t stay consistent. Wondering between 9.5 and 9.6. OE tune pulled it off, it’s just a shame no intakes, underdrive pulleys out there. Only way forward might be the mishimoto intercooler pipe which is only for the wranglers due to the engines turned a different way. I’m still debating it though. DP doesn’t really interest me as I’d have to retune from a stage 1 to 2 and deal with smelling like burnt flatulence or rotten eggs.
I figured I would revisit this because you decided to PM we a few times and then try to block me on your YT channel. You posted track videos and then took them down which would have proved how fast your Tuned turbo cherokee was.

The runs were as followed

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

My best time was [email protected] in the 1/8 mile which was a [email protected]

So basically from the times above you are running 15.0-14.9 range from your fully modified 2.0T that had way more horsepower and torque. Like I said before you were never that fast. The other part that makes it even less impressive is the fact that you stated to me your vehicle weighed 4043lbs.

4043lbs vs my race weight of 4400lbs. A difference of 357lbs. Generally 100lbs of weight reduction in the 1/4 mile is equal to 0.1s in the 1/4 mile.

So based on the weight of your vehicle and the fact it was marginally faster (and in 2 of the runs a higher trap speed) that my V6 but weighing 357lbs less, I'm actually quite disappointed because based on everything you posted before it was supposed to be much faster than anything out there.

Again, as i've stated all along piggyback tuners do absolutely nothing on the Turbo engine because of all the torque management. If you can't turn that off or reduce it (like you can on the V6) you really aren't going to get any solid gains.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts