2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Update: I don't think this is an issue with the Uconnect. My wife has never connected her phone to this car and we tried that on Wednesday and it's been able to maintain a connection ever since. I am thinking this has something to do with my Pixel 6 and not the Uconnect.

Over the weekend I traded in my 2015 Latitude for a 2019 Trailhawk. In the Latitude, after adding/pairing my phone the initial time and setting it to favorite all I would need to do is simply have it on me when I entered the vehicle and it would automatically connect to the Uconnect system every time. In the newer Trailhawk, this isn't the case. I'll add and pair the phone, set it as my favorite, then after a trip or two it no longer "sees" the phone. It's not listed in the devices (nothing is listed) and I have to go through the whole pairing process again. Has the process changed on the newer systems with Android Auto/Apple Play?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Over the weekend I traded in my 2015 Latitude for a 2019 Trailhawk. In the Latitude, after adding/pairing my phone the initial time and setting it to favorite all I would need to do is simply have it on me when I entered the vehicle and it would automatically connect to the Uconnect system every time. In the newer Trailhawk, this isn't the case. I'll add and pair the phone, set it as my favorite, then after a trip or two it no longer "sees" the phone. It's not listed in the devices (nothing is listed) and I have to go through the whole pairing process again. Has the process changed on the newer systems with Android Auto/Apple Play?
Strange, with my 2019 Trailhawk I paired my phone just once and it has always worked since then.

Uconnect is known for being flaky though. Have you checked to see if you have the latest software for Uconnect?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Strange, with my 2019 Trailhawk I paired my phone just once and it has always worked since then.

Uconnect is known for being flaky though. Have you checked to see if you have the latest software for Uconnect?

That was the first thing I tried. It's up to date and so is my phone. I never had an issue with the Uconnect in my Latitude. Kind of bummed about it.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
That was the first thing I tried. It's up to date and so is my phone. I never had an issue with the Uconnect in my Latitude. Kind of bummed about it.
I'm assuming you have multiple phones paired with it since you set yours as the favorite? In my case I only have the one phone linked and I didn't set it as a favorite.

Reactions: Flybynightcru

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
2,400 Posts
Remove all Phones from uConnect
Remove all uConnect pairings from your Phones (esp any left over from your old Jeep)
Power off your Phone, then power on
Pair again, favourite phone 1st
:cool:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm assuming you have multiple phones paired with it since you set yours as the favorite? In my case I only have the one phone linked and I didn't set it as a favorite.
No, only my phone. The "make favorite" option is prompted by default one you pair a phone to it when there are no devices. I have tried to not select the option to make it my favorite and I run into the same issue.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Remove all Phones from uConnect
Remove all uConnect pairings from your Phones (esp any left over from your old Jeep)
Power off your Phone, then power on
Pair again, favourite phone 1st
:cool:
Very thorough list. Unfortunately, those were all the very first thing I'd done once I got it home. I've tried running all of those steps another time, even removing every other device my phone has ever paired to. I appreciate the comment though as it could be helpful to others.

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T
152 Posts
I also have this issue.

However, it doesn't affect me as I use Android Auto which basically auto-pairs my phone (Pixel 6) over Bluetooth every time I plug it in.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I also have this issue.

However, it doesn't affect me as I use Android Auto which basically auto-pairs my phone (Pixel 6) over Bluetooth every time I plug it in.
For me, the android auto functionality all works ACEEPT for playing calls through the speakers and receiving voice through the microphone during calls. If that worked, I really wouldn't care. Both of these functions DO work when I repair my phone. I just don't want to have to do it every time I drive.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I also have this issue.

That isnt correct if you plug in it doesnt use bluetooth at all. confirm by disabling bluetooth then plugging in.

For me, the android auto functionality all works ACEEPT for playing calls through the speakers and receiving voice through the microphone during calls. If that worked, I really wouldn't care. Both of these functions DO work when I repair my phone. I just don't want to have to do it every time I drive.
That sounds like a phone setting somewhere.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That isnt correct if you plug in it doesnt use bluetooth at all. confirm by disabling bluetooth then plugging in.

I thought the same thing, but I've checked. Even have gone through the motions of setting up android auto through the phone prompts instead of plug and play. If the phone is connected via bluetooth then I do android auto, phone calls work as expected. If I jump in and the phone isn't connected to bluetooth but is connected to android auto I can use every other app as it was intended and even give it voice commands through assistant. However, if I try to make a call it says "Bluetooth not connected" and my phone makes the call with microphone and speakers from the handset.

·
Registered
152 Posts

If I disable Bluetooth, plug my phone in, my Bluetooth turns itself on. Android Auto requires Bluetooth for some functions - such as phone calls. Music and podcasts etc are sent over USB.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
If I disable Bluetooth, plug my phone in, my Bluetooth turns itself on. Android Auto requires Bluetooth for some functions - such as phone calls. Music and podcasts etc are sent over USB.
Interesting when I plug mine in it says disconnecting bluetooth maybe I misunderstood that.

I would suggest trying another phone for troubleshooting if possible.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Interesting when I plug mine in it says disconnecting bluetooth maybe I misunderstood that.

I would suggest trying another phone for troubleshooting if possible.
The "disconnecting bluetooth" message is correct, but it re-connects afterwards through the Android Auto software. It acts as a separate device.

Reactions: Rand
1 - 17 of 17 Posts